72 duster dash question

-

duster 2

dustertwo
Reaction score
Just recieved a dash pad from Classic Industries,,,placed it on dash and noticed no steel material on pad ends for screws( going through dash ) to anchor to...anybody have this problem...

Probably not a metal frame like they are supposed to have. I've heard that some are plastic frames.

I got a pad from the dash pad factory and it had the same issue. I wound up running screws through it anyway but I'm not very optimistic that it will hold once the car is bouncing down the road.

I got a pad from the dash pad factory and it had the same issue. I wound up running screws through it anyway but I'm not very optimistic that it will hold once the car is bouncing down the road.
Man, what happend to taking them to the upholstery guy up the road for 60.bucks, crusing through the 15 samples of different grains, with all the colors, and getting back a quality product?

Last edited:
Man, what happend to taking them to the upholstery guy up the road for 60.bucks,oozing through the 15 samples of different grains, with all the colors, and getting back a quality product?

I think those days are long gone for most of us. Just aren't enough in the hobby anymore to justify it.

Man, what happend to taking them to the upholstery guy up the road for 60.bucks, crusing through the 15 samples of different grains, with all the colors, and getting back a quality product?

Did that with the pad for the '68 GTS back in the 1980s. It was $95 and the repair was terrible. Foam pulled too hard in the middle of the pad so it's not straight. I ran it because it was what we had, but I've got a perfect original in the garage (probably won't be perfect the first time the car sits out in the sun at a show...) that I've had since the late 1980s.

Mine came out sweet, it was the early 90s, family shop, been there as long as I've been here and then some. I knew the kids, but when I went to do that, I went through the front door, to the old timers..

-
Back