72 Duster frame rot repair

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I brought a job in for my son and friend, an elderly gentlemens Duster wouldn't pass inspection. He wants it fixed in three days. this is how bad this car was this guy was driving . My son and freind removed the fenders, motor & trans, And cut off the front clip the first day here. Started at 12:00 finished at 6:00. Tommorrow he says they will Install the clip, Floors, and motor and trans. He already has a clip cleaned and ready to go from a 70 Duster.I'll take pictures of their progress tommorrow. He has done several rust repairs on these cars. This one deserves to be photographed. What a mess. I didn't realize it was this bad. It was covered with aluminum forsale signs and undercoated to hide it.

Attachments

• DSCF2717.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 272
  • DSCF2718.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 236
  • DSCF2719.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 271
  • DSCF2722.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 248
  • DSCF2723.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 271
  • DSCF2727.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 286
  • DSCF2730.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCF2731.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCF2732.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 275
Wow... Looks like quite a project..

WoW,thats pretty narsty!Up here,mods to frames(replacement)are illeagal.They won,t saftey a car thats had frame work done.Kinda sucks.

WoW,thats pretty narsty!Up here,mods to frames(replacement)are illeagal.They won,t saftey a car thats had frame work done.Kinda sucks.

Do inspectors actually crawl under a car and check? How do they address a $40,000 car that has been wrecked and repaired?

to bad mopars dont have "frames"...

find a front end off another and drill out all the spot welds and just spot weld the hole front sub out...

Can't believe he's giving you three days lol.. Looks like an in and out to me :shock:

Grant

Someone will get killed driving that car and they will try to sue you if they do wreck it.

Holy Moscow!!! Ain't nothing left! 3 days?!?!? I couldn't do that in 3 days with all hands on deck working from sun up to sundown. You guys must kick some major @$$!!!!

-
Back