72 Duster hood scoops

-

Bennoel 10

Reaction score
Question for the members....did a 1972 Duster possibly come equipped from the factory with the dual hood scoops ?? My understanding is that in 1970 and 1971 a 340 Duster didn't come with the scoops only the twisters ?? I'm trying to find out if the 1972 Duster came equipped with them ??
Thanks in advance for all input.
Bennoel

Yes a 72 twister came with dual 71 demon scoops

"Hood scoops with Duster Twister only" Dealership Data Book. Hamtramck website: https://www.hamtramck-historical.co...lershipDataBook/1972/72_Valiant_Duster_20.jpg
upload_2022-7-19_13-37-34.png

I had one..mini tubbed..with 3spd factory...2nd car back...hood was non functional

20220719_143952.jpg

Not all Twisters had scoops, I have one /6-3 speed on floor-8-3/4 rear, orange car with the hood flat black and strobe in center

I had one..mini tubbed..with 3spd factory...2nd car back...hood was non functional
What year, engine, options. A Twister? Not many got that treatment from the factory. I like the hood graphic design. Cool

1972 Twister,318/3spd,8.75 rears, 3.23 single,gold with white bucket seats,stripe and hood treatment with center strobe

I am looking for a source of a template for these add ons. Any help would be appreciated.

I am looking for a source of a template for these add ons. Any help would be appreciated.

There are templates on ebay HOWEVER if you look under your hood you will likely see like 1" hole cutouts for where these mount.
I've done it a few times. there's a detailed thread on it here as well, somewhere.

-
Back