Status
Not open for further replies.

68 Sedan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
If it goes OK, if not, that's OK too

72 Duster. Started life as a gold or tan /6 column auto car. Now has a mild 360, headers, MSD 6A, 727, 8.75 w/3.91 sure grip, BBP, Wilwood front discs. Since I bought it I've replaced the 3" pipes with 2.5", rebuilt the front suspension including 1" T-bars and prototype ADDCO sway bar, replaced rear springs and shocks. Has new Year One tail light harness, dash harness, engine harness. Rewired the MSD (correctly). Under dash triple gauges, in dash CD (with remote), electric choke, and MSD all wired in WITHOUT cutting or splicing any of the new wiring.

Wheels are 15x4 front (Summit knockoffs) rears are Weld 15x8" with 275 tires. Also replaced the radiator, added a shroud and clutch, ditched the electric pump for a big Carter mechanical with custom bent fuel line, new alternator, Spectre filter with K&N lid, new group 27 battery, new custom Legendary seat covers, replaced the steering wheel, installed factory seat belts, replaced all the bulbs in the dash and tail lights. Guess you get the idea I've done a LOT of work making this a nice car to drive.

What still needs to be done is fix a spot of rust in each rocker (have rockers I removed from a pan) and spot of rust @ lower outside corner of driver's side tail light. Also I had planned to un-Chevy the engine compartment. (I have single stage color-matched paint already) and some minor things here and there. I also have a floor shift column (from a 73) for it and tried to install it, but it seemed to be to short (yes, it's a PS column for a PS car). Driver's tail light is cracked. Trunk is all black and needs to be prettied up.

Just drove the car about 100 miles this last weekend, twisting about 3500 on the highway. Took a long time to reach temp (180) and didn't run hot at all. Starts faster than my '05 Mustang or my '02 Ram.

Located in D/FW area and can be driven anywhere there is pavement. $10,250

Remember what your mother told you. If you can't say anything nice (or you aren't interested in the car) DON'T say anything at all.

Picture 078.jpg

Picture 077.jpg

Picture 079.jpg

Picture 080.jpg

Picture 081.jpg

Picture 083.jpg

Picture 082.jpg

P0002238.jpg

Just curious, why you removed the 3" exaust and went with 2.5? Did 3" hang too low? Too much resonation? (nice car, BTW). 3 seems like it wouldn't provide enough back pressure. I would have removed them as well.
Trav

That's it exactly. Not nearly enough motor for 3". Sounded all "blatty" like a pickup with duals and glaspacks. I should have changed the mufflers as well, but I didn't. And thanks for the complement.

drove it to another cruise today. ran perfect.

Perhaps I made a mistake regarding your phone number. Private message me the number again at FB. I can be easily found at Colin Riseley, my turn to spend phone money. I do not think that you are asking an unreasonable price for the Duster.

68fsh, those are 15X8" Weld Drag stars and have a 4.5 or 5" back space on them Tires are 275/60/15 and are no where near rubbing on anything, even under cornering. A lot of that goes to the XHD springs. Shocks are just Monroe gas shocks (for a B body wagon)

tensec340, I appreciate the offer, but at this time I'm not interested in a Liberty. I'm in an odd situation, and will either sell the car or will be moving it 1100+ miles (probably driving it)

(I appreciate the offer)

Why are you selling "IT" Don't need to answer, But I liked the story about " It" Wonder where in the USA its home will be next. I would laugh if it headed back up to Washington.

Phil

Hey Phil

Like I said, I'm kinda in a strange set of circumstances. One option for me is to consider driving the car 1100+ miles. (which btw I have no doubt "IT" would make easily) One option is to sell "IT" and move on to the next (at this point unknown) project. One option (perhaps the least desirable) is to do nothing at all.

Can't really go in to the whole thing as to why I may move it or not. It just crossed my mind that (except for not having "IT" anymore) selling "IT" would kinda solve a problem. And thankfully that isn't a financial one. Just logistical.

(edit) If anyone wants or needs interior pics just ask, and I'll take and post some tomorrow.

Hey Phil

Like I said, I'm kinda in a strange set of circumstances. One option for me is to consider driving the car 1100+ miles. (which btw I have no doubt "IT" would make easily) One option is to sell "IT" and move on to the next (at this point unknown) project. One option (perhaps the least desirable) is to do nothing at all.

Can't really go in to the whole thing as to why I may move it or not. It just crossed my mind that (except for not having "IT" anymore) selling "IT" would kinda solve a problem. And thankfully that isn't a financial one. Just logistical.

(edit) If anyone wants or needs interior pics just ask, and I'll take and post some tomorrow.

I was just supprised to see "IT" up for sale. I remember seeing "it" on Craigslist and then it disapeared. and than you started the " It's coming post" and everyone was guessing about "IT" I recognized the car right away when you posted it. ( I think I PMed you or something)

I am not in the position to purchase this car, But "It" looks like a good deal. 68sedan has put some money into this thing since he bought it. Though I have not bought anything from him, I have heard nothing but good things.

Phil

Thanks for the kind words. Yep, I've worked pretty hard to turn "IT" in to a good car. If I don't wind up moving "IT", someone will be getting a car that's been sorted out.

Btw, anyone have a spare cigarette lighter and license plate light for one they don't need?

I would love to see some. Undercarriage pics as well. Closeups of the rough stuff would be nice and if you want you can just send them via email. I'm not afraid to see the truth. Fact is, I don't want a car so perfect that I would be afraid to drive it. Thanks again for the phone call last night. My wife is starting to warm up to the idea as long as I sell my 1971 Pontiac Catalina. She is right, I will need the garage space.

Colin

Here's a couple of pics of the interior. contrast in the sunlight sucks, but you get the idea. The tac is mounted on a fancy lil bracket that requires NO HOLES to mount. It simply slips under the dash pad, and friction holds it in place. This is not the one that was in the car when I bought it. That one was to "short" and the tach hit the windshield. So I whipped this one up. Angle is a bit off, but it gets the job done.

Both my lifts are occupado with non running cars at the moment, so I don't know if I'll get any pics of the underside. I thought I had taken one or two while it still had the 3" exhaust, but I can't seem to find those

Picture 084.jpg

Picture 085.jpg

Picture 086.jpg

Picture 087.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back