72 Plymouth Valiant Super Bee

-

cuda65vpt

cuda65vpt
Reaction score
So I have been looking for a donor car to do the brake upgrade on my 66 Barracuda and I came across the ad for this Mexican 72 Valiant Super Bee. It has a dual snorkel scoop and what appears to be a hood mount tach. It would cost me probably about $800 to go get it on top of the asking price of $1000. I figure I could offset the travel expense by selling those two items alone. I tried the phone number and it is some custom classic business of some sort, the OKIE accent left me wondering what he said for sure. The car is likely restorable but that would not be my plan for it. It looks like it may have some significant rust issues.

What I don't know....
Does it have BBP wheels?
Does it have a desirable rear?
Does it even have disk brakes?
Is it too valuable to scrap before or after I pilfer all the cool parts?

Here is the ad. What is the opinions of the MOPAR gods?
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/3396041443.html

...............It sure would be a cool car...........maybe u could make

.............looks like a cool car.................kim....

Something you might of missed here is theres a $500 4 speed console on the back floor board.

Yeah, I saw that console but wasn't aware of its value. It makes me wonder if the car really has a 3 speed as advertised or is it the 4 speed I want for my car too.

I see 1000$ in parts there. Hood tach, manual stuff, console, shifter, pedals, floor hump ect. nice looking scoop, grill looks like it "might" be good, Buckets aren't in good shape but still desirable could probably get 50 bucks. Looks like it even has the shifter for the console. Id jump all over that personally.

From the thread linked by mopar4me, it looks like it may be too rare to do what I would do to it. If anybody has better intentions, go for it, just keep me in mind for the finders fee. :D

Interesting that the car on craigslist has a Demon rear panel & taillights, but the resto link posted by MOPAR4Me shows a Duster rear panel and lights for Mexican Valiant Super Bees??

I didn't read the whole resto thread, but I think there's something weird with this car.......:scratch:

Moot issue now. Car was sold last Friday. Here is the ad for posterity for those who have inquiring minds:

1972 plymouth valiant super bee - $1000 (crescent)

Date: 2012-11-08, 3:15PM CST
Reply to: see below

1972 plymouth valiant super bee 318 3 speed,,it is a mexico car same thing as dodge demon,,needs a lot of work,i have the mexico certificate,,,, ***-***-XXXX
3Ea3Me3o35Ib5Ee5H4cb842dfd65dbfd31c17.jpg

Hello, new to the forum. Just seen you guys talking about that 72 mexican plymouth valiant super bee. Im the guy that bought it....I bought it for parts (it's rough !!). But it had a lot of good parts on it,4 speed console an shifter tuff steering wheel hood scoop an tac, 318 and an odd 4 speed. Has any one herd of a top louder in these cars or any dodge,Plymouth. Not sure if that's what it is or not but thats what it looks like to me. never seen one in a Mopar. Every thing on this car is kinda odd but cool. Don't know if I want to use it for parts or keep it as is. What do you guys think?? I'm still trying to decode it but its not my language so??it also has a Dana 44,disc brakes. Small bolt pattern tho. Any info on it and the odd trans would be great!

Hello, new to the forum. Just seen you guys talking about that 72 mexican plymouth valiant super bee. Im the guy that bought it....I bought it for parts (it's rough !!). But it had a lot of good parts on it,4 speed console an shifter tuff steering wheel hood scoop an tac, 318 and an odd 4 speed. Has any one herd of a top louder in these cars or any dodge,Plymouth. Not sure if that's what it is or not but thats what it looks like to me. never seen one in a Mopar. Every thing on this car is kinda odd but cool. Don't know if I want to use it for parts or keep it as is. What do you guys think?? I'm still trying to decode it but its not my language so??it also has a Dana 44,disc brakes. Small bolt pattern tho. Any info on it and the odd trans would be great!

Picture of parts would really help

Sorry haven't took any pics of it yet. Don't know how to post them anyway. I wanted to use all the parts for my 72 demon, but don't know if I should now or not. It's kinda cool and different. But it has a LOT of rust!! I'll see if I can post pictures of it soon.

Can you get it titled? I'd sure try to save it.

I believe the manual trans was similar to the South American ones, and was part of a deal involving locally sourced parts/materials/suppliers.

There is one here in Southern Alberta. I saw it at a show in Lethbridge last fall. It must be a different year as it is the Duster platform. Dang nice car and so different yet so the same! This one did not have a console though.

Attachments

• IMG_0541.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 4,050
  • IMG_0539.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 949
  • IMG_0547.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 2,659
  • IMG_0538.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 971
Wow!that sure is cool! I have all the paper work on it but don't know if it can be titled or not. I have a friend translating the build sheet on it. And the rest of the paper work. Man it's really rusty, don't know if I would have the time an money to put in it. I'm building three as of now. 70 challenger R/T and a70 340 duster. My son and I are also building a72 340 4 speed demon. That's why I bought it for parts. Just don't know if I can make myself part it.

DO NOT PART THAT CAR OUT!!! Try posting it for sale on here,moparts, or Ebay, or to trade for a Demon/Duster parts car. That car is extremely rare in the states and is worth restoring. Can you post pics of the fender tag?

do not part that car out!!! Try posting it for sale on here,moparts, or ebay, or to trade for a demon/duster parts car. That car is extremely rare in the states and is worth restoring. Can you post pics of the fender tag?

x1000

I had my son in Ok city all gassed up and ready to run up there and put a deposit on it after I called Monday. You beat me by two days! Gongrats, please don't part it out.

Should be something like this originally.

Attachments

• Copy of Mrprk06Shw0015.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 856
  • Copy of Mrprk06Shw0012.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,620
  • Copy of Mrprk06Shw0010.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 2,659
  • Copy of Mrprk06Shw0013.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 2,619
  • Copy of Mrprk06Shw0009.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 2,747

A clubmember has one of those trans with bellhousing that someone must have got out of a junked mexican A-body here in So Cal. It sure seems like a Ford Toploader. I think in So America and even Austrialia they used Dana 44 in the rear.

-
Back