'72 Scamp front turn signal wire connectors are different. Need help

-

dgfalk

Reaction score
Today I started piecing together the front end on my 72 Scamp. When I tried to hook up the front turn signal lights I noticed a problem. The first is on the car side I could only find 1 factory plug that I am assuming is for the signals, and it's on the drivers side, I couldn't find any connection on the passenger side. This plug is also square and has 3 wires. The wire connectors coming from the 2 turn signals are only 2 wires and round. I'm wondering if I have a different grill/turn signals that are not original to this car. Does anyone happen to have pictures of their wiring harness?

The first picture is the connection coming from each turn signal
The second picture is the only connection I could find on the car drivers side.

20240316_152223.jpg

20240316_152156.jpg

20240316_163223.jpg

On my 72 dart, the 3 connector plug is for the turn signal/running light in the grille but I have one on each side along with the side marker socket and fender mounted turn signal bullet connector.

Is that the harness that came out of the car or a replacement? 70-71 used a connector like that for side markers. The markers were the flush mount design with bezels. 72+ changed to surface mounted markers. The connector went away and the wiring extended all the way to the marker light bulb socket.

IIRC, the turn signal pigtails changed in '72 from the '70-1 round pin type, to the '72 spade connector type.

-
Back