72 scamp interior trim question

-

harryhood

Kermit
Reaction score
I'm looking for some information on interior trim for my 72 scamp.

When I purchased it there was not much in the way of an interior. I'm having a headliner installed at the end of the month, but I'm not sure interior trim pieces I should have.

Here is what I have now:

A-pillar trim (L & R)
Inner drip rail (L & R) <- Not sure what these are really called. They run along the inside roof line next to the windows from the top of the A-pillars to the back of the rear window.

Are there any trim pieces for the rear window and windshield for the interior?

Also I thought I read something about some sort of mount for the front seat belt shoulder straps that hold the straps out of the way. Right now the straps just hang from they are attached to the roof behind the front seats.

Any feedback would be great.

Yup there are some coat hook like clips to store those shoulder belts behind but... nobody ever puts the belts back up there nicely. 3 point retracting belts from a later model or even aftermarket (ebay) is a better plan. Especially considering the numerus holes you would have in that new headlinner in going OEM.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

You wouldn't happen to know if there are interior trim pieces for the windshield or rear window that get put on after the headliner?

Yup there are some coat hook like clips to store those shoulder belts behind but... nobody ever puts the belts back up there nicely. 3 point retracting belts from a later model or even aftermarket (ebay) is a better plan. Especially considering the numerus holes you would have in that new headlinner in going OEM.

nope, the window gasket covers the headlinner hooks and is seen. Only trim is a-pillar pieces.

Well my 72 Swinger had some trim around the top and sides of the rear window. Not sure if the Scamp is the same

Well my 72 Swinger had some trim around the top and sides of the rear window. Not sure if the Scamp is the same

I got some feedback on another forum that 72 scamps do have rear window trim. Once I get a hold of that I should be all set.

Your 72 Scamp should have come with a cardboard headliner so you may have had extra interior trim around the rear window and sail panels. if you are installing a cloth headliner, this should cover the hole b pillar area and no other trim is used. You will need the coat hooks and four seatbelt clips for each side to be correct. I think they all install after the headliner is in but Im not sure.

PM EvilScamp if hr doesnt see this. His Scamp is a 72. 70 and 71 will have a different headliner so the trim may be different as well.

In the first pic you can see the rear window trim and the next shows the seat bealt clip but the clothing hook isn't really visible.

02_1.jpg

2227613_26_full.jpg

-
Back