72 Thermoquad 6138s

-
4 full turns out is telling me the carb is lean.
Problems with taking off is often the pump shot. If it is muddy/slow/bogs down on take off it is to much shot.
If it dies it is not enough pump shot. Move the pump **** arm and readjust for proper height.
Hard starting when it is cold could be the choke issue. It is not easy or pretty making a cable operated manual choke TQ. In fact, it is a pain.

Does it take off OK when it is warm? I hate to say it, but I'd replace the manifold. Do you have a stock one with provisions for the choke?

Last edited:
Does it take off OK when it is warm? I hate to say it, but I'd replace the manifold. Do you have a stock one with provisions for the choke?
Now it's ok when its warm, could be a little better.... I adjusted the rods height and put more pressure on the rear tires they were a little flat... I don't have a stock manifold probably i'll make a support for an edelbrock eletric choke

Now it's ok when its warm, could be a little better.... I adjusted the rods height and put more pressure on the rear tires they were a little flat... I don't have a stock manifold probably i'll make a support for an edelbrock eletric choke
Someone made an external choke that was pretty clever, but it was a long time ago. I'll try a few searches to see if I can find it.

-
Back