7260 U-Joint Straps

-

csilver

67 440 GT
Reaction score
I am told the OEM strap P4120468 is lo longer available. Can any one tell me if the NEAPCO 1-0023 strap is a reliable substitute component for a 450 HP "street car" with 10 inch tires? If there is a better option, please advise. I have looked at the Moroso girdles, but I dont want to drill the yoke out for the nuts and bolts.

I really like the extra support from the girdles. Installed them after dumping my driveshaft on the ground. The yokes aren't too hard to drill out.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-85850/overview/

I used these girdles on my approx 390-400hp dart. I run a solid Dana Spicer 7260 u joint, drag radials and 60' at 1.62 and have no issues. I bottom tapped the existing yoke holes in and bought shorter bolts at Ace Hardware. Make sure you file fit the yoke for .010" preload like the directions say.

mderoy340,
Are you saying that instead of drilling the yoke you just fitted the girdles with hardware store bolts, no nuts? I was thinking of that but didn't know if it had been tried and proven.

mderoy340,
Are you saying that instead of drilling the yoke you just fitted the girdles with hardware store bolts, no nuts? I was thinking of that but didn't know if it had been tried and proven.

That's what I did and it works for me. I check the bolts after every race day and they have always been tight. The .010" preload on the cap is important.

I'm using straps with my new driveshaft I'll get you the part number tonight if I didn't already throw the box out. When I talked to a couple of different driveshaft manufactures they said the girdles are a wast of money and cause more problems than they help. They recommended straps or u-bolts.

charger426, I would like to know the vendor/manufacturer of the straps that you are using. I figured straps worked for OEM, as long as they are quality pieces I'm fine with them. I just don't want to trust my driveshaft to "cheap/low quality" straps.

I'm using straps with my new driveshaft I'll get you the part number tonight if I didn't already throw the box out. When I talked to a couple of different driveshaft manufactures they said the girdles are a wast of money and cause more problems than they help. They recommended straps or u-bolts.
STill hoping to get the part number to good quality 7260 u-joint straps if anyone knows?

Does anyone know the part number or supplier of high quality 7260 U joint straps?

I've used Mancini Racing U-Bolt Kit Item #: OVCUB1330 and had no problems.

-
Back