727 crossmember for a 73 dart sport 340?

-

73Badsport

Reaction score
Hey, guys. Anyone know where to find a crossmember? I've called jegs, summit, rock auto, and numerous other places. I've tried searching the forum and haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance!

Awesome. Thanks for the link. I always forget about Ebay. That's for up to a 72. I've got a 73. I'll check around and if that falls through, I'll post something. Thanks again guys.

I may still have the crossmember from my 73 Dart . Going through My spare parts right now if I find it I'll let you know.

That'd be great. I'll be checking back. Also, I noticed they aren't 727/904 specific. Are they interchangeable?

That'd be great. I'll be checking back. Also, I noticed they aren't 727/904 specific. Are they interchangeable?

I'm pretty sure they are. I'm currently using the X member that came in My 72Dart w/a 904 it's now holding up a 727.fit perfect.

I've got a 73+ crossmemeber if you are looking for one.

Do you need the spool mount as well?

Only differences I know of are some years didn't have the symetrical reliefs that are handy when running a dual exhuast. And in '73 they went to a spool type mount FWIW.
not always true, my 73 los angeles made 318 904 had the rubber block mount.

Awesome. Thanks for all the help and info. It's crazy how helpful this site is. Im a 23 year old electrician and Im trying to become a little more automotive inclined. I've had this car for 6 years and have depended on ya to get it up and going.Money is starting to come around so this summer is the target time to hear it run. this site alone accounts for 90% of my knowledge. I'll be sending PM's to you guys in a few hours in regards to this. Thanks again!

Yeah, I traded a Camaro for it. The whole car was in pieces. I just fell in love with the look of the dart and didn't have enough know-how to notice it didn't have the crossmember.

Hey, don't feel bad, you traded way up. A rusty bolt off the Dart is worth way more than even a finished Camaro......

I knew that the second I saw the dart lol. I was tired of seeing lines of Camaros, mustangs and other common cars at all the shows. I wanted somethin different and definitely found it.

-
Back