Not open for further replies.

DA69RT GT

South Florida Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Anybody got a 727 dust shield layin around? Otherwise Im gonna have to fork out $30 to have a new one shipped from Ebay after just recently buying the wrong one (duh).
The one I have was for a 904 unfortunately... didnt find out until we went to put it on. Bought it at Mopars and was told it was for 727... oh well- Im learning. If anybody needs it let me know.
How important are these? Is it something I should get done asap?
Thanks

tranny headers.jpg

I've been taking those off and tossing them since the '80s. If you live somewhere dusty, or drive through lots of mud you might want one. I've even driven through lots of western NY winters without them, and the snow/salt didn't harm anything. Goodluck on your search.
Mike

Was about to order one for my 727 (71 440 Scamp) and was told by a reputable MOPAR guy that he never uses them. Not necessary and he added that it may even help cool tranny without it. I trust him so I'm going without it. BTW I live in northern NJ.

Yea- thats what my mechanic buddy said... live in South Fla and more worries about sand than rocks/etc. He also said it helps keep tranny cooler.

It's also the starter spacer so I wouldn't run it without one. I've only seen two trannys get ruined from rock damage (got trapped between the ring gear and the case and broke the case) but why take the chance? If you're leaving it off for cooling reasons, you need a "real" transmission cooler. Also, do you really want corrosion in your bellhousing?? It's sure to shorten the life of the starter and torque converter seal. I run them on all my vehicles, even here in sunny SoCal!

Thanks, Mark

Didnt realize but they are still avail from dealer. Got new one for $15! Have decided with all the salt and sand in FLA... better safe than sorry. I will install after 1st of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back