727 Low and reverse band... This can't be right

-
I was hoping I was just gonna replace this and pretend everything was fine and not have to do a full rebuild, hope it doesn't come down to that
You don't have to do a full rebuild. You can just fix what's wrong.
Yer still taking that sucker apart...

Jeff

You don't have to do a full rebuild. You can just fix what's wrong.
Yer still taking that sucker apart...

Jeff
Already half way there, about to remove the valve body, I can't seem to find the E clip though. Is there different mechanisms that don't have it that way?

I drove the pin out of the end of the arm with a drift, and made a press to push it back in.but it was in my 4wd. I didnt want to pull transfer case.
Snap ring let go that time.
Was no fun, but i managed.

There isnt an e-clip, a snap ring holds the dish shaped thing in place. I should be in pan.
I think.

It may still be in its groove, frim the look of the cup, its quite distorted.

It's in the car, I'm talking about the E clip before removing the valve body sorry
To get the valve body out you have to disconnect all the linkage, remove the filter, all the bolts (10 bolts I believe) and there may be a clip on the linkage shaft...the parking lever kinda twists as you fish it out...

Jeff

Came out really easily

IMG_20180821_194557.jpg

I have removed the servo several times without taking the tailshaft off a 727. There's a 1" (approx) square strut (flat piece of metal) that connects the band to the servo arm. Remove the adjuster screw so you have as much travel as possible and using a large flat blade screwdriver push up on the band lug and the strut will fall out and let the servo arm swing completely out of the way so you can repair the servo. If you search Youtube you can probably find a video showing it being done

-
Back