727 shifter suggestions

-
Starting from scratch I'd buy the PPP shifter......even though it is pushing $600 with all the bells and whistles.

Cheetah SCS..... I have one in my Duster that was there when my dad had the car. I've never been really impressed with the shifter and the first outing with my W8 mill the car was launching hard enough to make the 1-2 shift by itself. I've since removed the valve body, ground on the rooster comb to increased the ramp angle and depth of where the ball seats. I also shimmed the spring. It seems tight and alot more positive now. Another trip to the track and we'll see..... I do like the fact that I can buy a gate for a clean N valve body which might be on the short list of things to do.

Should also note the cable exits the shifter in the rear and enters the trans from the back of the trans.
No more burned cables from the headers.

Honestly, with Aerosleave and the likes out there, burned shift cables shouldn't even be an issue anymore..... Unless you are one of those guys with little to no ground cables on your ride.

I like ratchet shifters, that way there is no way to miss a gear. I've had an old B&M mega shifter in my car for the last 22 years, works great. If I had to replace it, I would probably go with the B&M pro ratchet (about 250 bucks).

Both Eldelebrock or Indy heads will work.
Just how well do you want it to work.
Or how much do you need.

-
Back