727 slip yoke on 7 1/4 driveshaft

-

Tanman74

Reaction score
Hello, I'm in the midst of my 340 swap into my 1974 Dodge Dart, trying to reuse as much as possible since I don't have much money so I'm keeping the 7 1/4 rear end for now and I'm trying to reuse the driveshaft, I've ordered a new slip yoke that mates to the trans but I'm concerned it won't mate to the driveshaft since it uses a 1350 U joint, is there a way to get the driveshaft modified to accept that u joint?

Even if you found a different slip yoke or used an adapter U joint, you still couldn't use your driveshaft. The 727 is physically longer than the 904, so you'll have to have the driveshaft shortened. Since it's going to be cut anyway, just have the shop put on a 1350 end to match your slip yoke.

Last edited:
or since it's just a 340, with an automatic,
forget those 1350s and just run whatever you got,
If your 727 yoke has a 7290 on it and everything else is 7260, just get an adapter U-joint.
If you don't have any 727 yoke at all, except the 1350, well sell it and just get whatever 727 yoke you can find , you can get the adapter at any jobber. On the 7260s tho, I highly recommend a driveshaft loop, for that one time you forget.

-
Back