727 transmission blues

-

ernie flores

Reaction score
Does anybody have a transmission dipstick and filler tube for a small block 727 with a 340 every filler tube I get is to short and leaks My trans is a newer 80's small block tranny is this the reason why?

Thanks for the response when I place the new o-ring on the tube I slide the filler tube into the trans and in only seems to going about and eighth of an inch passed the o-ring and then the bolt ear lines up with the transmission and engine. If I slide it in further then the ear doesn't line up. That's why I hope someone has a original not bend filler tube.

Push the tube in till it bottoms out then bend the bracket to line up with the hole.

thanks I'll try that when I get a chance went to Mopar show in San Antonio Tx. We had a good turn out sold some parts but am tired out Thanks Mopar friends.

Also grease the o-ring before installation. If you install it dry you may cut it. Grease seems to do an amazing job at helping an o-ring to seal

And not just any grease, as some will attack the rubber. I use an O-ring specific silicone grease. It's kinda pricey, but once you have a tube, you will use it a lot, and wonder how you ever managed without it.

-
Back