727 Transmission year?

-

Bills70

Reaction score
can any one tell me how to find out what year 727 tranny I have? do the have some sort of marking on them and where would it be?

can any one tell me how to find out what year 727 tranny I have? do the have some sort of marking on them and where would it be?
Your numbers are going to be I want to say passenger side but I'm not sure just where the oil pan connect to. Just above that. Let's see how can I put this visual into writing. If the transmission was sitting on your bench and you tried to flick your nail on the edge of the oil pan you'd actually be touching where the numbers are on the side also right there on that little quarter inch of flat spot right where the oil pan attaches to on the side of the transmission.

the rail on the side above the pan in front of the shift lever (drivers side)

If it has a VIN pad on the passenger side of the bell, what are the numbers (& letter) on it?

Likely a lockup trans. If the input shaft looms lime a 4 speed input (smooth part ahead of the spline) it is a lock up. It the splines are cut all the way to the nose of the shaft it is a non lock up.

Likely a lockup trans. If the input shaft looms lime a 4 speed input (smooth part ahead of the spline) it is a lock up. It the splines are cut all the way to the nose of the shaft it is a non lock up.
it is not a lock-up trans! splines go to end of shaft (non lock up) style! thanks

-
Back