Status
Not open for further replies.

cudavert

DARTAHOLIC
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Well....I've got a 727 automatic and want to put it in my '68 Dart, which has a factory automatic console. Do I need a 727 console-car specific extension housing for the trans??.....in order to hook up all the factory shift linkages?

And if so......whaddya all got??.....any floating around? Thx in advance.:cheers:

The only difference between the 904 and the 727 auto console set up is the L bracket that bolts to the ears on the tail housing of the tranny. One is longer than the other. Other than that everything is the same. The tranny must have the ears" on he bottom of the tail shaft housing in oder to work. You can swap tail shaft housings pretty easy if needed.

Just make sure the tranny is a car tranny....the tail section on the bottom should have 2 molded bosses on the bottom of the trans for the bracket to bolt to.....see the red circle....that is where the bosses are on a a727 not sure on a904 don't mind the other bracket thingy with holes in it...long story...this is on my challenger...small block set up but should be the same Idea as A-body

auto tran shifter mount 005.jpg

The only difference between the 904 and the 727 auto console set up is the L bracket that bolts to the ears on the tail housing of the tranny. One is longer than the other. Other than that everything is the same. The tranny must have the ears" on he bottom of the tail shaft housing in oder to work. You can swap tail shaft housings pretty easy if needed.
The lower pivot bracket is totally different between a 904 and a 727.....length and bends. Naturally, the yoke and driveshaft are different also. Like oldkimmer says, the link for the manual valve is at a different angle in some applications. As for ease of changing an extension housing, it's not bad if you have a good pair of spreaders for the bearing lock ring. It's a good idea to install a new output bushing and seal also.
Thanks, Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back