727 Valve body swap

-

Byron Gray

Reaction score
I am wondering what it would take to remove the valve body in my transmission and swap in a reverse manual valve body?

remove old valve body and install new valve body?

find out what brand you want and go to their website and read their instructions.....not hard....

I found instructions from turbo action it dose not look hard. And I recently replaced the transmission in my car it has an internal vibration so it came out to get fixed. it has the reverse valve body in it I do not know what brand it was in the car when I bought it and built by a guy in Oregon I can't find info on. I got a used tci transmission to put in while I fix the other transmission but the tci one i need a kickdown setup. I would like to put that reverse valve body in the tci 727 rather then spend the 100 plus on all the kickdown stuff.

It is not that hard....just follow the instruction....i even seen a dentist do a valve body ......

Not to hard even a dentist could do it... correctly on the second try... follow directions and the how to article on here is a big help. Also take lots of pictures so you know exactly where the springs came from and exactly where the little balls were.

well maybe 3rd try it'll be right because I might take it out again to make it shift harder...

-
Back