-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
It runs good he says, only 1 little glitch, first time I shift to second it won’t shift till 4 grand. After that works great every time. I kinda think not!! That’s as far as I got today. Kim

FED6EC0C-4064-4CD2-BDF2-1C9C62EC718E.jpeg

45146873-87BC-492D-8979-9EB151519CE0.jpeg

5767D0F0-0F32-4ECA-843A-2B8604498F80.jpeg

1AD723D2-4B3A-4FB3-8ED5-8BCBAD5501FF.jpeg

But those pics are a good example of a ptk valve body (with the six screw plate) and corresponding case.

Reminds of the time @VOETOM tore down my "rebuilt" transmission and asked me if this thing even moved under it's own power. LOL

Wow. I might as well be watching someone do heart surgery, lol. One of these days I'm going to tackle one......

Did u guys/gals noticed they used a little too much silicone on the pan. It’s all thru the valve body and I guess everywhere else. Gonna be hell to clean the case. Kim

Did u guys/gals noticed they used a little too much silicone on the pan. It’s all thru the valve body and I guess everywhere else. Gonna be hell to clean the case. Kim
Oh yeah I noticed that right off, lol. Not really but now that you mention it, good lord.

I bought a good rubber gasket for mine. Is that ok?

I built it 3 years ago. Soon after they put the deep TCI pan on it. They had a hell of a time getting the kd cable set. 3300 miles behind a 408. And a hi stall converter. He figures I should warranty it. I seriously doubt it. Lol. Kim

A delayed first time shift and then ok after that usually means something is getting in the valvebody valves and hanging them up.
I guess you found that out though.:D
That sucks, but hopefully it's buildable at least.

Wow, that things a mess!

Yea it is, but one tiny upside clue I see is that the sun gear shell hasn't been hammered like a lot I have seen, so maybe it hasn't been abused. (yet):D
Hopefully the damage has all been related to friction material and not the hard parts.

I would warranty it if the converter isn't scuffed. Maybe make some back with some red eagles and a kevlar band.

-
Back