73 340 Duster being restored in Maryland

-
Okay so i pretty much finnished what we want it to look like. Ever though its a 71 model its all there is to work with.
IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

That model looks very nice. Did you use model spray paint for it? Looks real smooth. The colors look pretty bad too. Very good choice. Keep up the good work.

If you want to build another one, they make a kit to turn the 71 into a 73/4. It's made of resin and you can find them on Ebay most of the time. It seems like its $9. It comes with the hood, grille, front bumper, taillight panel, and a few other little things.

Later, Jeremy

I also noticed you didn't put the rear 1/4 windows in. The three Duster kits I have built, those are a real pain to get in without messing them up.

The only way this would get down there miller is if somehow one of your demon projects did haha, i wish but no it wont be this year :( Maybe next year. And yes C, i know of the resin. I have one and 2 sets of 73 340 strpes in white but just didnt do it for this. Got this kit at Carlisle for something like $10 which isnt to bad. Paint is Duplicolor with clear from i think rustoleum. Really glad with how this one turned out. Now if only the real one would get finished and look good.

The only way this would get down there miller is if somehow one of your demon projects did haha, i wish but no it wont be this year :( Maybe next year. And yes C, i know of the resin. I have one and 2 sets of 73 340 strpes in white but just didnt do it for this. Got this kit at Carlisle for something like $10 which isnt to bad. Paint is Duplicolor with clear from i think rustoleum. Really glad with how this one turned out. Now if only the real one would get finished and look good.
Yeah,I'm still in the same boat as you. None of my projects will be done for it either.

John

At least the black duster will make it and this time i hope to meeet you haha. But the exhaust is just 2.5 in. summit pipes with hooker headers. Just ran it again about 30 min ago.

Yup, the summit mufflers also. And judja haha, thats just the father son way to do it. At first i was very cautious to go under it. I didnt trust it to much but i came aroud ha. It should be off of them soon.

I wish my trunk pan looked as good as yours does. I replaced mine but ended up using some well ok alot of glass filler. I should have replaced the wheel house on the left. Oh well live and learn. Nice job so far. keep us posted.

256 card 083.JPG

256 card 336.JPG

Reminds me of when we bought it. I really dont like what hes doing to the trunk. It looks dumb to me... But today i went out, left a note on a 71 318 duster with a very nice body and no motor so hopefully i can have a duster if he calls me back. I wish i took the camera. And i think the trunk looked lmost like that on this 71 duster. YIKES!! haha

So i forgot... I have a cell phone and took 2 pics with the phone. Vin #VL29G1E143716. Guys got any #s? Its a very decent body. Surface rust on roof and rusted floor boods, trunk and kinda looks like it was a race car and now has no motor. Im going to TRY and see if he will sell it first and then maybe no more than $600. Bucket seats. Little rear end but loks solid. And thats as big as the pics go, Sorry.
71duster-1.jpg

71duster2.jpg

If you get it for $600, sounds fair. Looks like a good project. I'll have to upload a few pics I have on my phone.

Looking Good , I Am In Process Of Building 73 Duster For My Son
Hoping To Be Done By June , Maybe Thats Optimistic....haha..

Iwish we could be too haha. Heres some updated pics. I did a lot of little things today and yesterday. He worked on getting the bracket to hold down the spare tire and hold up the fuel tank since they are not reproduced. Also finnished the underside pretty much so hopefully it will be moving around next weekend.
IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

Where were those pics taken at? Looked like Chesapeake Beach or near Annapolis. Anyway both your cars look great.

John

h wow haha. How do you know of Chesapeake Beach? haha. We only live 1 mile up from North Beach so like 10 min away from where the pics were taken. It right by where all the amusement rides were and the rollercoaster back in the early 1900's and by the rod and reel.

Oh I get down in those area's quite frequently for deliveries.

-
Back