73 340 Duster being restored in Maryland

-
Thanks guys. We just got a new gas tank from year one in today! Pics this weekend i hope but its getting cold out. Time to break out the heater.

The guy said we were about the 10th person to order an A Body fuel tank that day haha, he even had the code number out before my dad.
IMG_0639-1.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

I hope so. Afraid that it will be dimply when paint goes on but who knows. Not much has been going on with it lately. It turned cold in a poorly insulated garage so maybe tomorrow? Gas tank might go in and after that we just want to get a new fuel line and it can most likely move around.

What size of tires do you have on the black Duster. That thing looks so dang nice.

14 6 cragers up front, 14 7 on back. Its got air shocks also so it raises the rear a little. Im still not to happy with the stance but... Its not my car :) lol. For those interested im stuck inside on a snowday and decided to decode the fender tag again and share it now. The color is called "Silver Frost" I think.
Code Description
E55 340-4 Barrel 69-73
D34 TorqueFlite Automatic Transmission
VS29
V = Plymouth Valiant / Duster
S = Special
29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
H3B
H = 340 240HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
3 = 1973
B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
352*** Sequence Number '352***'
JA5
Paint Code: Unknown At This Time
C6X9
Trim Grade/Style/Color
C = Charger
6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
X9 = Black
000 Upper Door Frame: Full Door Panel
220 Date Built: 2 / 20 / 1973
206233 Order Number: 206233
JA5 Roof Type OR Color: Unknown At This Time
U Built to Specifications for USA Order
B41 Front Disc Brakes Some Yrs. Power
C16 Console w/ Buckets
C56 Bucket Seats 1972 up
G33 Left Hand Outside Mirror - Manual / Chrome
H51 Single Air /w Heater
J52 Inside Hood Release
M21 Roof Drip Rail Moldings
N41 Duel Exhaust w/o Tips
N42 Chrome Duel Exhaust Tips
N76 Coolant Recovery System
R11 Music Master Radio AM
V6X Black Longitude Sports Stripe
V8X Transverse Stripe - Black
26 26 in. Radiator
EN2 End of Codes Assembly Line 2

Just a little update. The trunk had no hole for the gas tube and no hanger thing to support the gas tank. Of coarse while at Carlisle in 09 we saw that they now have the whole trunk ready to go. Asked if we could get the hanger only but we couldnt so pops made one. Pretty nice actually. And once the tank goes in, the car will come off the blocks and move.
IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

Well theres good news and bad news. Good news is the cars off the blocks. Bad news is the passenger side rear drum is stuck so it wont move, however, we were going to redo the rear brakes anyways but just didnt expect it to be so nasty. Now parts are soaking in gas to clean up and hopefully it will move by sunday.

Got a new brake kit, should be going on this weekend. New master cylinder is coming in also. Progress pics should be up soon if anyone cares...

Did some body work Sunday. The left quarter should be done soon but we are replacing the right for a 3rd time as someone (not naming any names) seems to like to cut on body lines and loose the body line and curve in the rear quarter. Hopefully its done right this time. I threw out some suggestions for him. Hope to finnish up and take pics. Body work is holding us back from paint so we are getting closer and closer. :D

Working on the body. Drivers side is around 20% done. Post pics once its done for good as it looks nasty with some of the bondo and im getting out the dimples and doing one more light coat of black to ensure it.

Looks like to me the passenger side quarter is coming off again. Really starting to think that maybe it should be sent out to a real body man as I really want to drive this next year. Heres a few pics of what has happened lately.
IMG_00521.jpg

IMG_00501.jpg

IMG_00581.jpg

IMG_00531.jpg

New driver side quarter next to the black one. Will be put on when the wheel well is finnished. My dad saw the re pop wheel wells at Carlisle and got them for some reason? The current ones were okay but these are a bit nicer, dont really agree with how hes doing it but what say do I have in it lol, as long as it gets done.

Slow but steady. Did A LOT!!! today. Wheel wells all done. Now to do the other side and new rear quarters. Also redid the brakes not to long ago.
IMG_00931.jpg

IMG_00901.jpg

IMG_00911.jpg

IMG_00921.jpg

IMG_00881.jpg

IMG_00871.jpg

IMG_00861.jpg

Just a little update. The trunk had no hole for the gas tube and no hanger thing to support the gas tank. Of coarse while at Carlisle in 09 we saw that they now have the whole trunk ready to go. Asked if we could get the hanger only but we couldnt so pops made one. Pretty nice actually. And once the tank goes in, the car will come off the blocks and move.
IMG_0892.jpg

So... Where did you pick up this tank at again? I already have all these pieces EXCEPT the rubber grommet that fits between the filler tube and tank.. it's that thick round rubber piece...

I forget? I think year one. Also a little update, right side quarter is going on. Only in place with clamps right now. Hopefully done with it by the weekend.

Got some updated photos. Worked pretty good on it today. I finished up the passenger side as far as I can until the welder comes back out and got the hood and rear strait. Now it needs some wheel well work and the new drivers quarter. Been a while since I've posted pics because nothings been getting done lol.

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

so the car should be getting epoxy primer within the month for sure. Now we need a color choice. While I thought it was already decided that the original JA5 Silver Frost Metalic was what it was going to be painted, my dad is now 2nd guessing and is trying to convince me to go with Sassy Grass/ Go Green. Can anyone tell me a percentage of dusters painted JA5 since you sure dont see many I assume its kind of rare I guess you can say. If he sees that it might change his mind and the original plans would be back.

Aren't you done working on that car yet? Lol:D I know,I know your probably thinking "look who's talking." Haha

I'd keep it the silver Eddie whether you got to know some sense into your dad.:violent1::D

-
Back