73 74 Duster Hood scoops, Anyone have these?

-
In my opinion, that car cannot be used as any sort of reference, it has been changed around and there is no fender tag or build sheet to prove how it was originally optioned.
The seller doesn't even claim it to be an original Twister...simply states "Correct style stripes/twister decals / very rare factory twin hood scoops, hood/tail panel blackout treatments."
Sounds like careful wording to lead people into believing it was factory equip'd like it presently sits. Perhaps it was, but I need hard evidence/proof.

Furthermore, they appear to be mounted too far forward...

project29.jpg

project4.jpg

J54 - Sport hood

Not sure if it originally had the scoops or not, the previous owner swears it did....I'm a little more cautious saying it ever did.
The previous owner would not include the scoops with purchase price of the car.
I do not see in the dealer book where the scoops were ever available on the 1974 model.
They do show them in the 1973 dealer book for the 1973 Duster as being only available on the Twister model: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com...ealershipDataBook/1973/73_Valiant_Duster5.jpg

Daniel, on that fender tag. That looks more like G54 - Outside LH Remote Chrome Racing Mirror

in order to even option J54, you had to have A51

Daniel, on that fender tag. That looks more like G54 - Outside LH Remote Chrome Racing Mirror

jmo , but I don`t think they look good on anything, the 69 barracuda included ! :wack:

:eek:ops:

GaMoparMan, you are absolutely correct...now that I take a closer look at my own photo, I realize that it clearly cannot be any code numerically higher than J51, since J52 is right next to it.
Blowing up the photo without question shows the suspect code as G54...which makes sense as the car still has the driver side remote racing/rallye mirror.

The good news is my Duster 360 4-speed is in the bodywork phase and should have new paint & stripes applied by spring.
I bought a mint lightweight Feather Duster hood (and a mint Feather Duster deck lid, too!) for it that will be scoopless and body only color...was going to hang the blackout & scooped hood on my garage wall as Mopar decor, but since it is obviously not original, I will just sell the scoops to someone who can use them for their car and get rid of the hood.

well i will be struck by lightening right where i am sitting. i really feel like an asshole, thanks a lot. i told some one awhile back that those scoops were added by someone and that they were not factory and that they were in fact 69 cuda' scoops. i apologize. WTF gives? every time i turn around , i end up with my foot in my mouth over these frickin A bodies. did some rep working for chrysler run into a storage room of these scoops in 1973 left over from 1969 and decide this was how they were going to get rid of them?
That's exactly right. Dodge did a lot of things to use up parts inventory and save money. I saw where on the sunroof cars they used the quarter panels from the hardtop and just punched holes with a hammer and chisel to run the drain tubes.

-
Back