73/74 Duster

-

Barracuda64

Reaction score
Ok fellow MOPAR Freaks. I know someone that is selling a old Duster that I am going to try buy. It has a 440 Big Block and I know it is going to need a heap of work. He said it is 72. Look at the photos. I know from owning a 74 years ago it has to be a 73 or 74 Duster maybe with a 72 grill ?. Correct me if I am wrong...

00U0U_9gzGskEj6Nr_600x450.jpg

01616_26uxvGWau2j_600x450.jpg

00U0U_9gzGskEj6Nr_600x450.jpg
00n0n_i0Ix3QMiotE_600x450-1.jpg

a>

a>

The car is at least a 74 model by the look of that huge rear bumper. The grille is a 75-76 model as noted by the closer spaced fins.

That car has "elephant ears" to accomodate that engine. By the look of whats in the pictures, that is a $500 car at best. The engine will obviously need a rebuild. The body appears straight but will need some work anyway if you want the new paint to look right.
I love these Dusters, demons and Dart Sports. My screen name is from the nickname I gave my 74 Duster I once had. It was a slant six 904 car that I built into a 71 Duster 340 clone with a 4 speed and a 3.91 SG diff. From outward appearance, the car looked like a legit 340 car.

Yes i agree. He is asking 800. I am thinking asking 200 or 300 for it and work from there. Yes I was thinking same thing 74 big bumpers. 73 or 74 taillights. still wonder if 727 tranny behind it not going to give much over 400 for it. Would make great sleeper car if quarters and truck/floor pan not hit by the cancer. Looks like car has been sitting for a long time. Don't even know if running yet. Will make call and go see tomorrow an then even worth getting.

I know my Duster's too. I had one with slant6 and standard 3-speed in floor from factory. Bought it with only 17,000 miles on it, back in 1979 for 1200.00 at the local chevy dealer lol. But who knew what they would be worth at today values or would have a warehouse full of MOPARS today:) Dang still wish had that one. Thought about leaving the body as is halfway sand down, clear coat it an with a rebuilt 440bb and tranny, smoke me some imports, chevy and fordlmao. Can you say a real sleeper for the street ??? :burnout:

Looks too be at least a 73 or 74.

Did he say why it is sitting? Looks like someone has already invested some money into it at one point.

The price you are looking at seems good.

Dont know just found it online a few weeks ago. Not far from the house though. Been bugging me to call about it and find out. Still have a fondness for the old Duster's. Very curious about it, but not letting them know. Yeah wondering why a 440 big block sitting in it too. Also wondering if has Title or Bill of Sale?

If it's an auto it's a 727, they didn't make 904's for big blocks.

Exactly what I was thinking a 727 auto, but thinking maybe turn a true 4 speed, if i can find one. :) Thinking build a true old school gasser with blower. Then ask in a race turn off take out bottle, disconnect NOS and lets race what you really have. Scared say Scared then! Damn all this computer crap, race me with just the motor to motor.
Dont get me wrong, but once in a while I like the old school style of racing. So much easier to build and race em and less expensive. Way cooler to drive to lol

-
Back