'73-'76 Duster Tail lights

-

Mopar-Man

Big Block Better Burnout
Reaction score
My bezels have blisters on them because they are pot metal and have started to corrode under the chrome. I want to eliminate them to clean up the rear of the car. I know they hold the lamps on because they have studs. Has anyone found a way to mount the taillamps with them?

I would look at the older tail lights that don't have the chrome bezels. I 'm sure there's a way to do it. Maybe you could add studs to the tail light panel to mount the lights to so the chrome bezels are no longer needed. Your going to want to incorporate a rubber seal or gasket so that water doesn't get into your trunk though.

drill some holes in the front of the tail pannel, place the bolts/fastners into the holes grind down the front of pannel making the bolt heads flush, body work in the heads on the tail pannel then you can get your tail lights to mount up maby I have no idea if any of that will work though

I DONT KNOW HOW HE DID IT BUT IT LOOK'S LIKE THIS GUY DID IT...
url

I was toying with that idea too and have that pic plus this one in my "reference" pics collection..

Attachments

• 573636_156_full (Small).jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 137
like I said you would just mount your studs on the inside of the tail panel, and some body work on the outside

never seen it before...I really like...wish I would have thought of that back when I owned the '73 style !!!!

-
Back