'73+ Caliper mounting hardware

-

PA Dodger

Reaction score
I did the '73+ disc brake swap on my '69 Dart. I'm down to mounting the calipers and brake hoses. My FSM covers the '69 Dart brakes so I can't tell the proper mounting method for these calipers. I'm thinking the big bracket first with the smaller tab on top? What do the included black rubber bands do? I'm guessing for vibration but where do they go?
Anyone have a diagram or pics?
Thanks
Dan

I did the '73+ disc brake swap on my '69 Dart. I'm down to mounting the calipers and brake hoses. My FSM covers the '69 Dart brakes so I can't tell the proper mounting method for these calipers. I'm thinking the big bracket first with the smaller tab on top? What do the included black rubber bands do? I'm guessing for vibration but where do they go?
Anyone have a diagram or pics?
Thanks
Dan

here is a link that shows how the sliding plates mount. but i am not sure about the black rubber band you are talking about. could you post a pic of what you are talking about? here is the link

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=141558

The hardware showing the bands in question.

Attachments

• disc brake hardware.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 255
They put those in the kits to hold the pads in place during assembly, if you can believe that.
Seriously, that's all they are for.

They put those in the kits to hold the pads in place during assembly, if you can believe that.
Seriously, that's all they are for.

Wow,I would think if you need those to hold the pads in place you should probably leave the brake job to someone else.

Wow,I would think if you need those to hold the pads in place you should probably leave the brake job to someone else.

That's what I thought the first time I saw them. :)
AND we are probably both right.

-
Back