Status
Not open for further replies.

Saetun

Sinister Swinger
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
Need this connector. Under the hood near the coil/dizzy. Mine's a little melty. Anyone have one or can direct me toward a repop? Thx.

~Sae

Attachments

• Connector.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 174
If it is the same as a 72 I have a whole harness I can check for ya

That is a engine harness connector. It was added for the assembly line. To delete the thing may be a better plan. Moisture causes corosion, corosion causes resistance, resistance causes heat. Tinned terminals and some sealant or silicone moisture barrier would have helped but... Anyway, what else would cause the melt ?
There is a little ceramic box mounted with your coil bolt that controls a electric choke assist. I would bet that thing is shorted inside. The moisture got in there too.
It can be deleted also since it isn't required.

the connector in my parts harness is in better shape than yours-- but 1 wire got hot (as redfish mentioned)-- The tabs are good -you can have the whole harness for parts , cheap-- Lawrence

That is a engine harness connector. It was added for the assembly line. To delete the thing may be a better plan. Moisture causes corosion, corosion causes resistance, resistance causes heat. Tinned terminals and some sealant or silicone moisture barrier would have helped but... Anyway, what else would cause the melt ?
There is a little ceramic box mounted with your coil bolt that controls a electric choke assist. I would bet that thing is shorted inside. The moisture got in there too.
It can be deleted also since it isn't required.

Redfish, Do you have pictures of what yours looks like deleted? Just cut/solder/shrink? Not positive but may have deleted the choke assist with the upgrade to 4 barrel intake. Thx.

the connector in my parts harness is in better shape than yours-- but 1 wire got hot (as redfish mentioned)-- The tabs are good -you can have the whole harness for parts , cheap-- Lawrence

Vdart, I may be interested in this. Hit me up.

Jeff

here is the harness

Attachments

• dartsportstuff 158.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 142
Redfish, Do you have pictures of what yours looks like deleted? Just cut/solder/shrink? Not positive but may have deleted the choke assist with the upgrade to 4 barrel intake. Thx.

Vdart, I may be interested in this. Hit me up.

Jeff

That car is no longer here so I dont have pics of that connector.
I never took the time to totally delete it. i just went around/outside it with the faulted wires.

that looks factory, every one i've ever seen looks like that. unless your doing a resto just jumper it out with the same size wires. how often do you disconnect anything there anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back