73 dart front end to 68

-

Dubs Chops

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently bought a 71 valiant 4 door that has a pretty good hood, grill, fenders and door panels. I am thinking about putting the driveline (Built 360,727w/2500tci stall and rebuilt 8.75 with 430 gears into something like a dart. I have found a couple of good project darts but they are 73. My question is can i convert the front end to a 68 style? I love the way the hurst Hemi darts look.

second question is what all a bodies with the parts from my 71 valiant fit? Mopar mixed and matched on all these cars so much its pretty confusing and I can't seem to find a reference list of interchangeable grills fenders, door panels etc,,,,

thanks again guys.

Hey guys, I recently bought a 71 valiant 4 door that has a pretty good hood, grill, fenders and door panels. I am thinking about putting the driveline (Built 360,727w/2500tci stall and rebuilt 8.75 with 430 gears into something like a dart. I have found a couple of good project darts but they are 73. My question is can i convert the front end to a 68 style? I love the way the hurst Hemi darts look.

second question is what all a bodies with the parts from my 71 valiant fit? Mopar mixed and matched on all these cars so much its pretty confusing and I can't seem to find a reference list of interchangeable grills fenders, door panels etc,,,,

thanks again guys.
so I am confused, do you want to:

put a 68 dart front end on a 71 4 door Valiant OR a 73 Dart

either way the answer is yes, the front ends all interchange if you use the whole front end from the donor, whichever the donor is (Fenders, hood, grille, bumper and valance(if applicable) )

sorry,

want to change a 73 dart front end to 68,

but, I am also curious whatt the front end and interior of the 71 valliant 4 door will fit because they are in pretty good shape.

sorry,

but, I am also curious whatt the front end and interior of the 71 valliant 4 door will fit because they are in pretty good shape.

A 68 dart or valiant front end is a bolt on deal to a 73 dart

Your 71 valiant front end will also bolt up to a 73 dart and you can make a scamp.

they are all interchangeable as long as you use the whole assembly (hood, fenders, bumper and hardware)

Here is a pic of a scamp which would be the result of putting the 71 valiant front end on a 73 dart body

22820_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

The body lines from the front bumper to the 1/4 at the back of the door are the same for 67-76 Valiant,70-76 Dart,Duster,Demon,Scamp. They changed how the bumper mounted in 74. Here is a duster body with a 68 Valiant front clip

13087299_1068257469887877_4529367604956132090_n.jpg

You need to use the year correct bumper for the year front end you use to look right unless you have some awesome fab skills.

sorry,

What it will fit and what is correct are 2 different things with these a-bodies.

('71 Valiant 4 door front clip and interior)
Direct fit and correct: (other than some trim and emblem holes)
'70 and '71 Duster, Scamp, Valiant.
Hood and front bumper with brackets, as well as front valence will work on a '69 Valiant and would be correct.
Grille is '71 and '72 only.
Front valence and bumper brackets along with hood latch and brackets etc. '70 - '72 Duster, Valiant, and Scamp.
The entire dash, wiring, gauges, controls, heater box etc. with steering column and wheel, and pedals are the same for '70 and '71 Duster , Scamp, Valiant.

The kick panels fit many years.
Dash pad fits many years.

Will fit but not be correct: (other than what is stated above)
'67 -'69 Valiant, '72 - '76 Duster, Valiant, and Scamp. (entire front sheet metal clip, everything that unbolts)
All of the dash components and pedals.
Steering column and wheel. (it is the same for many years though '70 - '76)

This is not a 100% complete and thorough list, as there can be some variances with small items and details that change a little throughout the production cycle.
This should get you going in the right direction though............

thanks for everyone that replied. this is the exact kind of info I was hoping for.

WOOHOO I made a deal on a 68 dart yesterday and am picking it up tomorrow. Bad news/Not so bad news is it is already a street/strip car so I dont even need the drive line out of the valiant I just bought. :realcrazy:

-
Back