73 dart paint code

-

dart1973

Reaction score
hey all I am new to this website, and it looks to be very cool. My question is that I have a 73 dodge dart with a paint code of JF1. I have found little information about this color other than it is a light pale green, and I have read one arcticle that less than 5% of mopars were painted that color in 73. There was also one other guy who had written that his dart was painted a differnt green underneath the pale green. After doing some sandblasting i have also discovered that my car is dark green underneath the pale, with a brown/rust color primer. I am primarly looking for information of the color and how many were painted this color. Any help would be great.

Mike Schmidt
73dodge dart swinger
97 dodge ram 2500 cummins

Yes i have found the paint and the color chips for the paint. My biggest question is if anyone knows how many cars were painted this color. As i have stated before, I have read that only 5% of all mopars were painted this color in 1973. I would like to confirm this. I have also found a 73 charger this color and am seriously thinking of buying it also.

Well I tried, I have an article here from September 1990 Chrysler Power Magazine, that I get the production breakdown of colours/model in %.
Unfortunately this only covers the high impact special order paints.
The only high impact colour I have listed available in 1973 is "Lemon Twist" for Plymouth or "Top Banana" for Dodge. Code FY1.
The Dart is 2.5% and the Charger is 4.2% unless it's a Charger SE 2.7%.

I know it doesn't help you, but I tried, I'll keep looking.

Thanks for looking for me, i have looked all over the net, and cannot find barely any info to go off of, so any in fo is better than none. I am going to paint the engine bay in the next week, and I'll try to get some pics. on here for all to see. As always thanks for the help.

Mike Schmidt

here is the pics. of the engine bay on my 73 dart. This is jf1 pale green. Let me knw what you guys think of the color.

Thanks, Mike

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=13769&stc=1&d=1183180611

IMG_0967.jpg

That is a great color!!! Fantastic job on the engine bay, did you do it? I'll be looking forward to seeing the whole car done. They should have considered that a high impact color. It really grabs ya!!

thank you, yes i have done all the work on the car. My goal is to complete the car myself, without no professional work from other people.
I will keep posting pics. of the progress as it comes along. Thank you.

Mike
73 dart swinger
97 ram 2500 cummins

dart1973 you will be happy with that color. it is a very nice color in person. i have seen it a few times before on dusters, and a few darts. there is another color that is very close to it also but the name escapes me..... i cannot tell you the breakdown on the color by production either. good luck with it!

ButterDuster, Did your article say what % FY1 lemon twist Dusters were produced? Thanks

ButterDuster, Did your article say what % FY1 lemon twist Dusters were produced? Thanks

1970 Duster coupe= 1.4%.
1970 Duster 340= 11.3%.
1971 Duster coupe= no listing.
1971 Duster 340= 1.8%.
1972 Duster coupe= 3.2%.
1972 Duster 340= 9.2%.
1973 Duster coupe= 9.7%.
1973 Duster 340= 3.1%.

You didn't specify what year and model, hope this helps.
Note 1971 Duster coupe was not on the list, doen't mean it was not available, as most models and years are on the list, if the specific color was not available it would be listed as such N/A.

340butterduster.

Hi Mike, I have an original paint 1973 Dart Sport....paint code....JF-1. It was the color that grabbed me when I seen the car for sale. I've been trying to get info on the color since buying it in 2004 but not much out there. I have collected pictures of other JF-1 cars........ everyone I've found..... "B" body, "C" body or "A" body have only been 1973 cars!!! I do have the original paint chips.... awesome color.....

Go to http://rides.webshots.com/album/558036103MhUQPq

That's my ride!!!

Bryan

2501042820043243696fuNJMl_th.jpg

Yes, I do think you are right that this is a one year only paint color, I am going to keep looking for production #'s. If i ever find them I will surely get them out to everyone.

Thanks for the pic.
MIke

I'm so happy you guys brought up this subject. Mr. Twister just found a '73 Duster (slant 6, of course) with a 4 speed w/overdrive and the color is JF1. Very cool to know it's a little rare as we strive for rare cars and trucks. My blue baby is an exception as they must have made several tons of them. :-D

This place has the best info. :read2:

-
Back