73 Dart Sport 340 " Convertriple "

-

ds416

Reaction score
I have a question ; I have a Dart Sport I am fixing up . 340 4 speed matching #'s , originally red with a part vinyl top ... off white ? interior with bucket seats , What are you folks opinions on interior color change to black , or should I leave it original ? I have heard that there were about 1100 of these cars made , is that true ?
IMG_0015.JPG

I have a question ; I have a Dart Sport I am fixing up . 340 4 speed matching #'s , originally red with a part vinyl top ... off white ? interior with bucket seats , What are you folks opinions on interior color change to black , or should I leave it original ? I have heard that there were about 1100 of these cars made , is that true ?
View attachment 1715239463
Redred red

View attachment 1715239463

Numbers matching then go back to original colors , my opinion

I have a 73 Dart 340 Sport also sunroof, folding rear seat with bucket seats and automatic in console. Not sure if mine is matching numbers or not. Mine is brown... not my favorite, and white seats and door panels. Mine is also in need of quarter panel and outer wheel box, and trunk drop-off rust repair. I am undecided between a near original type restoration or gutting it and building it the way I really want it. I guess it depends on guessing how long I may get to keep it.
I have also wanted to change to black interior. Back in the 1980s, I owned an all black 73 340 Sport with black bucket seats and a friend who was a die-hard Chevy guy told me my Dart bucket seats were the best looking seats ever put in a car.
And, I don't want to paint it back brown.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys ! I have 2 daughters and wanted to give them each a car ; I wanted to make the 2nd car similar to my first car ( in avatar ) I did start changeover to black interior but now having second thoughts !

Thanks Guys ! I have 2 daughters and wanted to give them each a car ; I wanted to make the 2nd car similar to my first car ( in avatar ) I did start changeover to black interior but now having second thoughts !
Wow! If you want it similar to that one, numbers matching won't matter anyway. What a dad!

Hey nice 73 Dart Sport 340! I would keep it with the white interior. The white looks sharp with white stripes and a white canopy top with the white bucket seat interior. Pretty rare a 73 340 car with a factory 4 speed as only 1,099 were built. Cant be too many made with the sunroof and the 4 speed. Cool car. Good luck with the resto.

-
Back