73 Dart Sport Color - Sassy Grass Green or Toxic Orange

-

Kevindc

Reaction score
Time to pick a color to paint my Dart Sport. I know this is a personal preference thing but would still like some input. Right now the family is split 50/50 between Sassy Grass Green and Toxic Orange. Wife and son-in-law are with green while daughter and grand kids are with orange. Meanwhile I keep going back and forth every other day. If things work out I would like to pass this on to the grandson (he's in the Air Force now) in a few years. Anyway I would like to know what folks think.

Green! Here's mine in Sublime Green.

ErPbszl.jpg

I'm going to do the hood green with black scoops eventually, don't like the black hood since it's not the full length

Time to pick a color to paint my Dart Sport. I know this is a personal preference thing but would still like some input. Right now the family is split 50/50 between Sassy Grass Green and Toxic Orange. Wife and son-in-law are with green while daughter and grand kids are with orange. Meanwhile I keep going back and forth every other day. If things work out I would like to pass this on to the grandson (he's in the Air Force now) in a few years. Anyway I would like to know what folks think.

Sassy Grass look's great on that year dart. Personally I think that is the best color for the early duster's and dart sport's

No offence to anyone but neither. I see so many those two colors they don't even stand out anymore. Those years look best original colors, the darker greens and browns etc. Look some up before u decide.

You mean like mine

Attachments

• My first car 73 Dart Sport.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 221
I say find a color on a car from this ERA and go with it. Makes it cheaper and faster to find replacement paint

No offence to anyone but neither. I see so many those two colors they don't even stand out anymore. Those years look best original colors, the darker greens and browns etc. Look some up before u decide.

My son's dart sport came in root beer bottle brown. What a boring, drab colour. It actually looks better in primer. After some back and forth between red and orange, we are going with orange. I'm going for an over the top 70's disco era tacky look. Stripes, scoop, go wing, charger gas cap, hood pins, demon emblems, and even trans am exhaust tips. If I missed anything, throw it out there. If the car doesn't make you dig that old terry cloth shirt out of the closet and start singing Staying Alive, I did it wrong.

I think the orange actually looks really pretty on Dusters. Mine is Hugger orange and it looks very nice. Just my 2 cents

I like your attitude Nigel O:). The car was originally a kind of avocado green. Avocado green was one of the big colors from the late 60"s early 70"s I still haven't gotten over so was never going back there. Looked over all he Mopar colors from 73 and found all to be to vanilla. I see so many nice muscle era cars painted some bland color it might as well look like a Ford Tempo at a distance. Grandson does say he likes the Toxic Orange but I wonder if he might come to appreciate the Sassy Grass Green as he get's older. The green would keep it in the early 70"s colors while the orange would bring it up to 2010's.

-
Back