73 Dart Sport Rear Belts in a 71 Demon?

-

Six Barrel Bill

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm working on a 71 Demon for my daughter and converted it to bucket seats. We have a really nice set of front bucket seat belts that came off of a 72 demon. I realize it is not the same style of buckle as the 71 but they're nice and I didn't want to try and find a complete set for a 71.

Anyway, I picked up rear seat belts out of a 73 dart sport thinking they would work and because they have the same style buckle. But now I'm thinking I may have made a mistake because I don't think the 73 rear retractable attaches to the same location as the 71.

Does anyone have a picture of how the rear seat belts attach on a dart sport? Specifically the retractable belt. I understand the static belt attaches in the middle and the retractables attach on the outside, but where?

I have attached a photo of her Demons rear seat belt location and a picture of the seat belts we picked up.

Thanks for any information,
Bill

Last edited:
Well, I think I screwed myself either way. Looks like the lower seat bottom was notched for that retractable belt. This is an early build 71 Demon that does not have the notch.

I guess I will be looking for a complete 71 seat belt set. I thought I was doing the right thing, trial and error. Now I know.

Bill

-
Back