73 Dart Swinger lower radiator hose dilemma....

-

318MoparGuy

MoparHokie
Reaction score
Hi All,
Question...my car originally had a /6 in it and the PO put in a 318...it still has the 26" radiator in it. I was changing all the rad. and bypass hoses and all was going okay until I got to the lower rad. hose. The car has factory A/C (but I don't think that makes a difference for the lower hose) and so I ordered a Gates lower hose #20958. When I went to install....in order to just barely clear the fan belts the hose had to sit about 1 1/2" from sitting flush with the bottom outlet base, I couldn't pull it in closer or it would hit the belts. I am not confident clamping the hose there as it would be in front (engine side) of the raised lip. I then checked Rockauto and entered info for a /6 and it came up with a Gates #20949. So my question....are the radiator bottom outlets on the 26" located in different areas depending on the engine? The upper rad hose Gates # 20874 lined up perfectly on the Performer intake. From reading posts, I know a lot of FABO people have switched /6 to 318 and they must have been faced with the same situation...what did you do to resolve the lower hose deal??? Any info or different hose #'s would be really appreciated. Don't want to go with a flexible hose if at all possible. Happy Easter to All.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Greg

Meant to add that the lower hose the PO used had no number on it....just kind of cobbled on there. thanks greg

-
Back