73 dart swinger

-

swingercanada

Reaction score
let me say i am not looking to build a performance engine. saying that , does anyone have input.
i am going to run a mild cam , intake and 600 carb. looking to have a nice sounding exhaust and have read a bit that installing headers in this car is a nightmare. should i just run a dual exhaust off the stock manifolds?

thanks

To get some more performance from your engine,headers would free up some HP for sure.You have many to choose from if you checkout Summit Racings site(you can also use a 15% discount code running now)Where abouts are you located in Ontario?I have a 73 318 engine that was a runner when pulled if interested for $100.It would be a great candidit for a rebuild,while you can still drive your car.PM if any interest.

To get some more performance from your engine,headers would free up some HP for sure.You have many to choose from if you checkout Summit Racings site(you can also use a 15% discount code running now)Where abouts are you located in Ontario?I have a 73 318 engine that was a runner when pulled if interested for $100.It would be a great candidit for a rebuild,while you can still drive your car.PM if any interest.

thanks for the info
i will keep it in mind. i am in grimsby ontario

let me say i am not looking to build a performance engine. saying that , does anyone have input.
i am going to run a mild cam , intake and 600 carb. looking to have a nice sounding exhaust and have read a bit that installing headers in this car is a nightmare. should i just run a dual exhaust off the stock manifolds?

thanks
Hedders aren,t too bad to install and you,ll get some more HP and performance from your engine.I also have some stock 360 heads for sale cheap.You could rework them before your rebuild.If interested,shoot me a PM.

i am going to run a mild cam , intake and 600 carb. looking to have a nice sounding exhaust and have read a bit that installing headers in this car is a nightmare.
From reading other posts, the concensus seems to be that Hedmans are a PITA, but TTI and Doug's fit easily enough. It sounds like Spitfires work well most of the time, but that working with the company can be a bit problematic.

should i just run a dual exhaust off the stock manifolds?
You can. To get better sound, recommend a cross-over or an X-pipe regardless of using headers or manifolds.

-
Back