73 dart turn signal issue

-

texasmopar

Reaction score
Ok last question for the night. It was 88* here today so Ive been burning the midnight oil trying to get these issues solved before the cold front hits tomorrow.

Before I took it all apart the turn signals worked fine. I did not remove the instrument cluster or column. Now that it is all put togater Ive got an issue with my turn signal. Hazards work all the way around. Signals to the left fine and lights up on the cluster. When I switch it to the right nothing happens. No light in the cluster and the turn indicators don't work. All the bulbs are fine and have been checked.

Any ideas???

This could be a bulb or socket problem, otherwis it's in the signal switch

The hazards use the same wireing all the way up and into the switch

Carefully check that all 4 lamps flash the same brightness, and re--check with hazards on and with park/ tail lamps on. One bulb that is "acting weird" indicates a bad bulb, bad connection, or socket problem

If this is not the case, it must be in the signal switch.

I thought I had a turn signal switch problem, but it turned out to be the bulkhead connector! Somehow, I had hadn't inserted the engine side plug all the way into
the matching firewall mounted socket. Pulled it apart, checked for pins pushed back, cleaned it all and added dielectric grease. Viola! Left front turn signal!!!

BC

-
Back