73 Disk Brake Conversion Bleeder Valve Question

-

Kevindc

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm currently working on converting over to rear disk brakes on my Dart and have a quick question. This kit did not come with any instructions but another kit had said that the bleeder valve should always be above the supply hose. Do these connections switch or does it matter? So far all looks well otherwise. Thanks.

Photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0449.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0443.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0444.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0447.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 129
It looks to me that the Calipers are on wrong side (left to right). The bleeder port should have a tapered seat for the bleeder screw to seat against and seal when closed. The "banjo" bolt hole "with the rings around it" will not have a seat plus those rings assist in sealing the crush gasket. Not being smart but think how air acts in fluid, it rises, so if the bleeder is not at the high point of the caliper how would the air escape. I would also contact whomever makes the kit to see if there should be instructions. By the way is that an S-60?

There are some pictures in this link that may help you out http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/5442315/site_id/1#import

It looks to me that the Calipers are on wrong side (left to right). The bleeder port should have a tapered seat for the bleeder screw to seat against and seal when closed. The "banjo" bolt hole "with the rings around it" will not have a seat plus those rings assist in sealing the crush gasket. Not being smart but think how air acts in fluid, it rises, so if the bleeder is not at the high point of the caliper how would the air escape. I would also contact whomever makes the kit to see if there should be instructions. By the way is that an S-60?

There are some pictures in this link that may help you out http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/5442315/site_id/1#import

And if that isn't possible you could probably get away with bleeding via cracking the banjo fitting just a little.

But yea, if you can swap sides with the calipers that's the solution.

Looks like they are mounted on the wrong side of the axle according the RH & LH marking on each caliper.

-
Back