73 Dodge Dart Parts

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
u do know a 72 bumper wont fit ur 73

Yeah we were toying with the idea of making it work... But the more I looked at them, they wouldn't match up with the grill.... So we are going to cut back the original to make it fit more flesh and not stick out as far. Which they did on the back bumper that year but not with the front.

I should have all of it but the engine section if that helps any.
Thanks, Mark

the 73 DART FRONT BUMPER WILL NOT FIT A 1972 DART

according to the interchange manual

MOPAR CHARLIE

Well I have a 73 and was thinking about trying a 72 bumper but decided otherwise... I just hate how far it sticks out. There is about a 1" to 2" gap between the grill and the actual bumper. And there is some piece that they welded to it to try and close that gap, that looks like crap. I have some master welder buddies, we are going to cut the gap piece and shorten the bumper bracket. So basically the bumper will fit flesh to the grill... This is probably what they would have done, if it wasn't for all the regulations that year.

I have a complete as far as I know, under hood harness from a v/8 a/c car, and on the bumper, on my 74 I was able to just slide the bumper back to get it in pretty tight to the grille

I have a complete as far as I know, under hood harness from a v/8 a/c car, and on the bumper, on my 74 I was able to just slide the bumper back to get it in pretty tight to the grille

How much are you wanting for the harness? That's encouraging about the bumper... If I didn't have to cut on it at all, that would be a plus.

I should have all of it but the engine section if that helps any.
Thanks, Mark

Yeah I need the whole under the hood/engine harness. Some fool got under there and went crazy. Just figured it would be easier to start from scratch. But I appreciate it though.

Here's a pretty good pic of the front bumper, let me look tomorrow in the day light and dig the harness out and I'll get back with you

Attachments

• IMG_0343.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 91
Here's a pretty good pic of the front bumper, let me look tomorrow in the day light and dig the harness out and I'll get back with you

Yeah, see yours looks flesh with the grill, no gap. Looks way better! Dang is that a real Lil Red in the background? Even if it's not, it's still sweet. That's something you don't see everyday.

Yep it's real

Man, that's awesome! It's good to see that there are some survivors of those trucks still out there. I was reading an article about them. I guess they produced 7,306 total for both years, a lot less in 78 than 79. And as of now there are only around 550 78's registered/accounted and around 2500 79's registered/accounted. Which I'm sure there are a few more out there floating around. You could probably cut the production total in half, and assume that's about how many survived. Sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back