73 Dodge Dart Shifting Problems

-

zoto1a

Reaction score
I just purchased a 1973 Dodge Dart, upon going from zero to twenty five mph, it will not shift into gear unless I speed up and then release the gas pedal , than it slams into gear. I had the complete flust done to the transmission. When the care arrives as traveling speed it operated without any problems. Does nayone have any suggestion as to the cause of this problem?

There could be many things causing or contributing to that problem. Kickdown linkage out of adjustment or missing, 1-2 shuttle valve or other valve body problems, Sticky governor weights, etc. If you don't have the tools or expertise, you'll probably have to go to a tranny shop and have it diagnosed. I'm not in favor of transmission flushes. Sometimes it causes more problems than it cures.

personally, transissions scare me lol, i'd say if you don't know them very well to have it looked at by someone who knows their way around them better, just my opinion, it would suck to have something major end up happening to it because it was improperly diagnosed you know

-
Back