73 duster 318 power steering Issue

-

Tim's 1973 Duster

Reaction score
Hey guys. I need help figuring out a power steering issue.
i purchased a new borgeson power steering gear box and a new power steering pump.
Now when I go and try to add fluid and bleed the lines it builds up pressure and blows both the low pressure and the high pressure line.

Engine running I turn the wheels lock to lock. Fluid does go In and out, bubbles come out, then the belt starts to squeal, then, lines blow.

After about 8 times of blowing lines with fluid everywhere I threw the towel.

I tried with the engine off, fluid to the cold line, turned wheels lock to lock about 15 times.

Please help. Thanks.
Sincerely Tim Vogelsang

39A606E1-9C28-4762-AEDD-5F6F848DDE32.jpeg

58BFF2C9-C3AA-4881-B2EA-16A8F35A3C18.jpeg

BE876734-0740-45D0-9B4C-6CC68EA33C83.jpeg

22B18DA0-D5A0-460D-903F-F9C73A1E5987.jpeg

Huh. I know nothing about the Borgeson box. The factory box has the pressure inlet closer to the input shaft side, opposite of what you appear to have. But they couldn't be backwards or the fitting 180* out?

Edit - Borgeson website shows return port close to input shaft. So it's not that. Something is clogged or air bound.

Huh. I know nothing about the Borgeson box. The factory box has the pressure inlet closer to the input shaft side, opposite of what you appear to have. But they couldn't be backwards or the fitting 180* out?

Edit - Borgeson website shows return port close to input shaft. So it's not that. Something is clogged or air bound.
Thanks for your input. Been troubling me lol. Fluid was moving theough the lines i know because I could see the low pressure return line sending fluid back and forth.
Literally would move, I’ve never messed with power steering before so all is new to me.

-
Back