73 Duster 340 4 speed (not mine)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
$8500 and he uses old pictures plus it vibrates like hell at 50mph. Feels like it coming apart ... Never looked to fix it... What a joke..

Yea doesn't look like a sunroof. May just be the angle of the pic though.

I just emailed him if I get a call back ill go take a look at it and report my findings. At least he is upfront for the most part.

He just called me, he seams like a pretty on the level guy that might not be all that mopar savy. Any way just to satisfy my curiosity im going to go check it out, but he wont be back in town till next week. He says all the car needs is a lil rust repair in the quarters and a paint job. He said he did not put any effort into finding the vibration, because it was just an around town car that he didnt drive too much. Fender tag is there and he assures me there is a sun roof. Ill take some more pics when I go give it a look see.

$8500 and he uses old pictures plus it vibrates like hell at 50mph. Feels like it coming apart ... Never looked to fix it... What a joke..

Yea doesn't look like a sunroof. May just be the angle of the pic though.

+2

GLWS ... and I don't know why so many sellers try to make the case for a higher price simply because they "invested" many more thousands than the asking price.

Just because you spent over $14K on a car does not mean you should expect anything more than even half that amount - best case - when the vehicle presents poorly.

It looks like it might be an easy fix and a pretty decent car if you can get it for the right price. Always interested to see what kind of cool Mopars are hiding out here in North Jersey. Let us know how it looks in person...

Attachments

• 3E73L33J45Ec5H55Jeccm563801a41cd914a7.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 450
It looks like a halfway decent car BUT with the paint lookin bad and the driveline vibration I would pay over 3500 for it if it is actually a sunroof car and #s matching.
It looks to not have a fold down backseat either

The following car sold from this site in early December, for a good bit less than the asking price and would be a good comparison.

Notice that the car at the link is a '73 Dart Sport 340 with a pristine unrusted body, a factory air car with an excellent interior with all the factory pieces intact and the overall condition of the car being well above average, if not excellent.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=212246

Some one got a hell of a deal on that one. If I were looking to buy the Duster I def would not pay what hes asking. Im thinkin 5k is prob tops, but I'll check it out.

The following car sold from this site in early December, for a good bit less than the asking price and would be a good comparison.

Notice that the car at the link is a '73 Dart Sport 340 with a pristine unrusted body, a factory air car with an excellent interior with all the factory pieces intact and the overall condition of the car being well above average, if not excellent.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=212246

That one caught my eye also. looked super clean in the pics..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back