73 Duster 408 project

-
Wow, nice car! I really like the color. The 4" crank small block motors make a lot of torque so hang on.

This is the latest of engine compartment...still cold here...but fans really pull that air. I am running a 160 thermostat and fans kick on at 190 and go off at 170.

408new.JPG

It runs great..really has the low end torque..at the moment switching from a 904 to a built 727 tranny...later will be selling the 904 and driveshaft that fits a 8 3/4 and the 904 has a tci deep pan..but has only one problem..sometimes locks up when in reverse..otherwise works fine.

Very good looking Plymouth. I really like it. The color combo looks great (vinal top/stripe). You said you were getting ready to start on the interior next, are you going to install a cage? Change the color? Question:
Why the Chevy to Mopar change? Most/all of the chevy people I know wouldnt give a mopar a chance.

Not sure yet about the color, but plan to go to bench seat with arm rest and the tall backs that look like buckets. I plan to run the car at the strip at a later date and will install frame connectors..but prob not a cage.

Great car, everything looks real nice, the color, the wheels and tires, and the spoiler. By the way, where did you buy that spoiler?

Looks great, hope to get mine as nice one day.....
What track do you plan on going to? Maybe I could come out to....

Hi Dusterforever,
I never considered a vinyl top nor keeping this color until I saw the pics of your car! I may just have to build a visual clone because I like the combination so much! I have a '74 Duster in Golden Fawn with a 198 slant six/904, PS, manual front disc brakes which mandated it to BBP wheels a nice plus! Its a pretty basic car and I don't want to change out the driveline because it has less than 20K miles....I see a power adder in it's future. I most likely will deviate to the 73/74 side stripes like yours had in the early pics, and use ralley wheels with custom widened rears. I was leaning towards white accents but am sold on black...Nice work...your car definately stands out!!! Mopar to ya!...nico

I want your spoiler so bad!!!! and how much for the TCI trans pan?

Hi Dusterforever,
I never considered a vinyl top nor keeping this color until I saw the pics of your car! I may just have to build a visual clone because I like the combination so much! I have a '74 Duster in Golden Fawn with a 198 slant six/904, PS, manual front disc brakes which mandated it to BBP wheels a nice plus! Its a pretty basic car and I don't want to change out the driveline because it has less than 20K miles....I see a power adder in it's future. I most likely will deviate to the 73/74 side stripes like yours had in the early pics, and use ralley wheels with custom widened rears. I was leaning towards white accents but am sold on black...Nice work...your car definately stands out!!! Mopar to ya!...nico

My wife is the one who talked me into staying with the tan color....she said everyone has a red one...why don't we be different? So we put the car on the computer and changed the stripes to black to see what it would look like and decided it looked better...so that is how it came about...also my interior color would not match much else and it was in nice shape so did not want to change it. I did do the seats and carpet. Good luck with your color combo and keep me posted. Tim

Hey 74burntorange...you can get the spoiler from maas racing..pretty cheap...not great quality..but I like it! Not sure what you mean about the tci pan?

-
Back