73 Duster 408 project

-
The duster turned out really well, the 408 call outs sorta blew the sleeper idea though....if you can find a copy of the March 78 Car Craft, they had their "Fine lines" series on A bodies, somebody had a 73 Duster with an 11:1 W2 headed 340 that really tore up the streets.
Flat hood, black steelies with dog dish caps, flat black sidepipes...it was featured in black and white, but I'm guessing it was tan. It made a strong impression on me!
Glad to see the car has turned out so well, I'm jealous....
Alan627b

I gotta say.. thats one smooth looking ride... all these 408's are making me hella jealous.... might be time to start a re-think...... hmmm..

-RPM

Yes..I do have a 904 with the tci pan and going to put it in soon with a tci converter...waiting for cooler weather...also may go to the 3.91 gears soon.

Alan...hey don't be jealous...I am flat broke..haha! I drove in a cruise the other day and it was 100 degrees...and the thing ran 180 to 190 just creeping along...no wind...so my elec fans are working well...now all I need is air for my wife. :)

Love the car!
Im not a fan of spoilers but thats just me.
THe rest of the car is brilliant!

Do let us know how it goes at the track when you take it!
Feel faster/slower than your camaro ?

Wow I just had to bump this cool ride up to the top :-D
I am going to go see dusterforever tomorrow :happy10:
He and his wife was up this way last year and pulled some part's at Small Block's Field OF Dreams, We all had a great day together last year :cheers:

Tim sure has a great Duster :thumbrig: Know he get's to see a /6 Plymouth shade tree jobs I have been doing to Victoria :toothy10:
I will need a couple years to get Victoria in the shape of his plyouth :toothy2:

I just gave this gravel road runner and daily driver a wash before our visit tomorrow :glasses2: It's 101F here know so I thought I would cool off for a while and post :happy10:

Before and after pictures of a hot day but nice and cool inside :-D

SOUND CHECK FUEL 1 127.jpg

SOUND CHECK FUEL 1 133.jpg

Nice car!! I am also running a 408 roller and don't worry about the 904 it's a great tranny if you beef it up a bit. Lighter and less rotating mass.

I think the top and older stripe really set the car off.

Again Tim is here from Texas He is a grandpa again and Texas where he lives is a long
way away from home, he called and was board so I took the short 20 mile drive and we enjoyed some good food at Skinny J's and a walk threw the fair that is in town, He is know building a 55 chevy truck and I just wanted to say thank you for a great evening and hope he returns to this great site and say hello. Not sure what we will do this evening but I am waiting on a phone call :coffee2:

Just saw this thread, and gotta say......OUTSTANDING! Love the color and I'm intrigued by the 408 build....can you give me any info or links on this?

Wow! Very nice! I also just finished a 408 sixpac with a 904. Had it in World of Wheels and it won Best in Class and Best 5 Street Driven.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_00000496.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 105
-
Back