-
Status
Not open for further replies.

LTDan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a nice entry-level Mopar or reliable classic Mopar daily driver? This is a turn key, go anywhere car that was my daily driver up until a few months ago when I bought a new car. I was planning on building it into a 340 4 speed hot rod but I have since found a real 340 4 speed Duster. It is a 3 speed stick so if you decide to do a 4 speed all the linkage and pedals are there, just weld in a hump, bolt in a shifter and go grab gears.

Its been well cared for and well maintained all its life. Its a /6, 3 speed on the column, a 7 1/4 rear and SBP drum brakes. It is a stripped car, it literally does not have one single option on it. I have all the original paperwork on it as well. The six runs fantastic and I recently tuned it up and adjusted the valves. It will get 25 mpg easily on the highway but dont expect to win any drag races. I completely overhauled the brakes last year but I think I just blew one of the wheel cylinders out, I need to check on it-the car stops fine but the pedal sinks to the floor if you hold your foot on it, thats why I think its a blown wheel cylinder.

The rearend is starting to make noise, its ready for new bearings. Since I was planning on swapping in an 8 3/4 I wasnt going to pay it much attention.

The interior is near perfect. Only a torn drivers seat keeps it from being immaculate. The plastic and fabric is all soft and unfaded. When the windows are up, there are no wind leaks, all the guages and lights work and are accurate, the weatherstripping is soft, and it has a decent Kenwood stereo. The gas guage only works when it wants to though, the sending unit sticks.

The p/s quarter panel will need to be replaced. It is rusty along the bottom and has a large dent from a deer hit a long time ago. A decent body shop could probably repair it but AMD panels are so much easier to use its not worth it. The d/s fender has an old lady dent at the leading edge, I have a replacement fender that comes with it that I was saving for when the car was going to be painted. There are a few other dings and soft spots on the rest of the car but I can assure you they are minimal and easily repaired. This is a nice solid car. It was undercoated at the factory and thats what kept it nice.

Im planning on keeping the Keystones and BFGs that are on it now, the car will be sold with the original 14" steel wheels, hubcaps, and a decent set of Michelins.

$2950 Cash talks. PM me here. Car is in Gloucester, VA.

For an extra $1000, I have a complete '73 casting 340 and an A-Body 4 speed. So basically you'd get a solid Duster with a 340 and a 4 speed for under 4 grand. Such a deal!

carsjune10027.jpg

carsjune10029.jpg

000_0680.jpg

000_0681.jpg

Yes its still for sale. If you are seriously interested in the car, send me a PM and I will send pictures of whatever you want.

Im in the military as well, send me a PM, lets talk.

Thanks for the pics on the Duster. I talked to you on Moparts. I'm also in VA and I love this car.

I sent an email back to you. Is this the way the car sets now?

Looks like I may try to sell off some of my rifles to try and get this one! Or the Vette........

LTDan I sent you an email about your car and tried to call today. Give me a call tomorrow (Sunday 6/24/12) after 1:30pm.

The guy said he would take my Vette so lets get something setup and this Duster in my garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back