73 duster abs headliner

-

73stroked duster

Reaction score
I will be rec. my 1 pc abs headliner today.I noticed there is really no trim on the front or rear windows.Is this correct?Should the headliner just slip under the rubber gasket?

Yup, just slides under the gasket. You'll need to trim that ABS headliner back to accomplish that though.

There is little 'shark teeth' that also help to hold in place

Depends on the year. If it's a '73+ car that had a cardboard headliner originally it won't have those. Only the cars with cloth headliners had them.

Do you know if the 1973 ABS headliner will fit the 1970 Duster?

Yes, but the sail panels are different. The '73+ cars have a plastic side panel that goes all the way back to the rear glass, the '70-'72 panels don't cover that far back and there's a cardboard panel that gets covered by the fabric of the headliner. So, you'd have to figure out how to make up the gap between your sail panels and the headliner, the ABS headliner ends just below the later sail panel

Not my picture, I borrowed it from @zkx14. Red line shows about where the '70-'72 panels end, black line shows where the ABS (and original cardboard) headliner ends.

2011-10-17 14.42.32.jpg

They're ok. They need some trimming, which is to be expected. I ordered one that had tier grain foam backed vinyl on it already, I wouldn't do that again. The glue they use delaminates pretty quickly and I had to peel the vinyl off it and re-glue it with some decent 3m adhesive. Plus it makes it harder to trim. I'd buy another one but I would order a plain one, trim it to fit, and then cover it myself.

Yeah they kind of have slight grain pattern to them, wouldn't really look all that different than the stock cardboard headliners from the later cars. I think they look great covered, like a more modern car, but then you have to do that. Still way easier than dealing with the stock fabric headliners, what a pain.

-
Back