73 Duster build named Fred

-
WTH was done to the M5 to put down over 900lb/ft?

Put some miles on Fred today to heat cycle the rear diff. One word describes the drive…. Awesome!

IMG_1959.jpeg

It’s not raining but the roads are wet. Couldn’t get silly which is a good thing if I want the rear gears to last…. lol
Yeah, hopefully I'll remember to take it easy on the gears for a while

What, D60? I really like the 9” setup I have now. I can build a 4.88 third for the big tire setup and swap between big tire and small tire in less than an hour…. lol
I already have the d60...4.56 will do everything I need for a big tire, i meant back half the car.
But I do want to stick to the nostalgia look.
I have a 85 Turismo I will eventually get into in a couple years and do that big tire stuff to it, maybe by then a predator engine will be in my budget (winning mega millions lol) or some badass b1 ****.

Last edited:
Got tired of waiting for the sun to come out so I did a weak 2nd gear hit. More converter slip than anything else but didn't want to get too crazy with the road being wet.... lol

Got tired of waiting for the sun to come out so I did a weak 2nd gear hit. More converter slip than anything else but didn't want to get too crazy with the road being wet.... lol

Boy, that's a lot of converter. Sounds good though... when I get my car done if it's raining I'm going to do f'n burnouts lol

Boy, that's a lot of converter. Sounds good though... when I get my car done if it's raining I'm going to do f'n burnouts lol
Hard to tell in the video but it's spinning the tires pretty good and the car was squirrely. lol

The build is pretty much done (for now). Just need to learn how to make a set of fiberglass bumpers and then it’s ready for the 2024 race season.

Crazy when I look at what I started with back in March…. lol

IMG_1993.jpeg

IMG_1992.jpeg

IMG_1986.jpeg

IMG_1988.jpeg

02196919-6361-4EC3-B933-01CBF8920FEE.jpeg

-
Back