73 Duster build named Fred

-
Do my eyes deceive me? In the video, the back of the car is still brown bit in these pics, it's now matching gray? Let me guess, you painted it overnight 'cause you were bored??

You've done some great work on this. Sure made me feel like a lackey!!

Do my eyes deceive me? In the video, the back of the car is still brown bit in these pics, it's now matching gray? Let me guess, you painted it overnight 'cause you were bored??

You've done some great work on this. Sure made me feel like a lackey!!
You guessed it! lol

I’m cheating by not doing any body work this time around. Overall the body is pretty straight so just sand, prime and shoot.

You guessed it! lol

I’m cheating by not doing any body work this time around. Overall the body is pretty straight so just sand, prime and shoot.
Yeah besides that door, that's a pretty good starting point

Yeah besides that door, that's a pretty good starting point
Not going to bother with fixing it. The replacement door will be here this week and then I will paint and install it. The original door with the gouge will get hung on the wall.... lol

Waiting for my custom fabricated stainless steel tailpipes and fiberglass rear bumper to finish the back end but damn that’s a good looking *** if I do say so myself…. lol

IMG_2002.jpeg

Last edited:
Honestly I may go back to the original front end....just not sure yet. lol

At the very least, I will hang onto all the parts so I can go back at any time. :thumbsup:
I thought about doing the same thing when I was putting mine together but didn't have all the parts and money was getting low. I used to hate the 73 and up beak but it has grown on me. I still would love to have an 72 or earlier but I'm good with what I have.

I thought about doing the same thing when I was putting mine together but didn't have all the parts and money was getting low. I used to hate the 73 and up beak but it has grown on me. I still would love to have an 72 or earlier but I'm good with what I have.
Same here. The first 3 months of owning this car, I was contemplating doing the swap and eventually the beak grew on me and now that I am finally making the change, I kinda miss it. lol

Not swapping the taillight panel or taillights, although I might eventually flush mount them and get rid of the trim ring around the taillights though.

-
Back