73 Duster build named Fred

-
When you start your guess my ET post you should exclude Fridays passes and make it the 1st or 2nd pass on Saturday. That way you can get your test n tune passes out of the equation. Good luck, go fast, and have fun.
Great idea and thank you for all your help and guidance getting the car (and myself) ready for this. Much appreciated my friend.

PS…. You wanna join us in Vegas? lol

Last edited:
Great idea and thank you for all your help and guidance getting the car (and myself) ready for this. Much appreciated my friend.

PS…. You wanna join us in Vegas? lol

Thanks for the kind words but I only supplied a little phone and texting support. You were a madman on this build and on one of my off days I’m going to start from the beginning and reread it. To bad we had so much fun talking about wearing dresses and other jovial fun. Lol.

Oh, judging by the early start you're probably not stopping by on the way .
Hey Siri...call wasi
It's still in the plan. Leaving Arlington at 3am, driving to Puyallup to pickup our Mopar Drag Team President, then back up north to I-90. Looks like snow in the forecast for Snoquamie Pass and Pendleton so the drive will be slow and brutal which is why we are leaving so early.

We left my house at 3am on Thursday to pick up one of our drag race teammates who lives two hours south of us, got there at 5, chatted for a bit and left at 5:30am for our first part of the trip to Vegas. Plan was to arrive in Ogden Utah around 6pm, have dinner, rest up and spend the night before getting up and hitting the road for the last 6hrs of driving to get to the track.

Well, 2 hours into our drive, we got some snow flurries while going up Snowquamie Pass, watched a semi go into the wall and got squirrelly ourselves a few times. The flurries lasted for almost 100 miles which added about 6hrs to the trip. Rolled into Ogden and got checked into the hotel right at about midnight. Cleaned up, went to bed at around 1 and was up at 3am ready to go…. lol

The other guys got up at 4 like we had planned and we finally rolled out at 5:30. About half way here during one of our fuel stops, we checked the trailer to make sure everything was good and noticed the fold up bed in the trailer had popped loose and apparently was up against the side of the car for who knows how many miles. Resetting the bed, we noticed that the frame of the bed was what was against the quarter panel. Looked like the passenger side quarter panel and door got dinged up pretty good so when we get to the track, I’ll have to see if I can clean it up some. Really wanted to get the car looking good for its debut but **** happens and we’ll get over it…. lol

We left the hotel and headed south, found a store open in Provo and stopped to get some stuff to fix the damage and are now back in the road. As I am typing this, we are about 3.5 hours from the track after 24 hours of driving a trip that should have taken 18.
IMG_2280.jpeg

IMG_2277.jpeg

IMG_2281.jpeg

IMG_2285.jpeg

Racecar repair: $
Travel costs: $$
Roadtrip with buddies to go racing: Priceless

Plus, look at that beautiful view! You're doing right for sure.

1706288759232.png

But but butt you have an open trailer.
No way in heck I would make this trip with an open trailer! lol using my buddy Brian’s truck and trailer and as a bonus, he’s doing all of the driving! You can see the bed that decided to flip on the car in the right side of the second picture.

IMG_2281.jpeg

IMG_2275.jpeg

Almost there with just 30 minutes to go. (Picture was taken an hour ago when we first popped into Nevada)
IMG_2299.jpeg

That looks like race weather.:thumbsup:
Have fun, stay safe and good luck.

Short day of racing today but I did manage to finally get the GoPro turned on before making a pass…. lol

Cool video. It doesn't look you are brake torquing it very hard, do you know what rpm you are at? Also what are you shifting at?

-
Back