73 Duster Cluster broke pins

-

Snappy

1 Corinthians 9:24 "WIN"
Reaction score
My duster had no instruments in the cluster, just a big hole cut into it for the summit tach with oil, water and volt gauges built into the face of the tach. Every factory gauge a lens where missing and covered with cardboard and painted flat black. I have bought 2 clusters on ebay and both are missing the same pin to the blue/white tracer power supply. How or where do I find parts to replace or fix this problem? BTW how do you add a photo to your message? I don't know what / or where a URL is.

Attachments

• ATT_1330899770021_photo.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 77
I like the wire idea, I tried soldering but to many moving parts. Thanks for the directions.

no problem. i think that is going to be the way to go without getting another cluster. and welcome to the site !

You can repair the pins, not that hard, but you need to get things cleaner than shown in that thread

On my 67, I abandoned the original connectors, and soldered pigtail wires to the board traces, and used 2 "Molex" style connectors that you can buy from Radio Shack, they have a selection.

You can also buy "repop circuit boards.

What is molex connectors and where are boards available? You folks are walking encyclopedias. Thanks:prayer:

Molex connectors --or at least usable "copies" are at radio shack--

They come in all kinds of configurations. The ones I used, forget, 6? 8? pins, I used to sets look sort of like these:

Molex-Connector.jpg

You buy the pins separate and you can put the male pins in EITHER half of the connector

So in my case I used two identical connectors, but I put the male pins in one, and the female in the other, so this results in two plugs on the cluster and two connectors on the harness that can NOT be accidently interchanged.

I'm not sure who all makes repop boards Here is one outfit:

http://premiumdashdecals.com/

67Dart,
Any time you want to vacation in the north Georgia mountains, I'll put you up and you can use all my tools to rewire the duster, just in case you get bored. I would handcuff you to the door handle but they were shaved, solonoids are bad so I have a long wire routed thru the drain hole in the door to the latch. Weekends aren't long enough, and I got a laundry list. I bought the car in Nashville after the flood, owner said that it wasn't in flood area, but I'm starting to wonder. 14 gallons of water in gastank, water in trans fluid when I swapped in another unit cause the stator was welded to the converter, electric seat motors shot, headlight switch connectors rusty, water in sealed headlamp, and on and on. BTW 73 AbodEE, your welcome to come play too. We can have a "Moparty"

-
Back