73 Duster question--Thanks

-

swifter

Reaction score
Ok a buddie just bought a 73 Duster and told me it was really rare???? Because it has a crank sun-roof on it,He said they only produced 43 of these cars in 73 --Is that true?????? How do you find out how many left the plant that way?????? Steve

The car came with no fender tag,Only a story from previous owner,He has $10,000.00 grand in body work and it is not even in primer yet!!!!!! New floors,rear quarters,front fenders,Hood-- just wandered how "RARE" it is--Steve

What is the factory engine and trans?
I used to have a 1973 Gold Duster foldown backseat 340 4 spd Gold with white top and white bucket and console interior. All original except 8 3/4 with 3.55s and sure grip.
Nice car till it suddenly had a foldown roof from an oaktree. Traded a rust 67 2 door post valiant with no drivetrain for it. Guy drove all the way from Oregon. Not an ounce of rust.
Here is 2 pics http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=6577

Seeing the photos of that crushed VS29H3 brought tears to my eyes :wack:

As far as rarity ; not many made , regardless of engine option . I've wanted one for absolutely years now ( probably since '74 , really ! ) .

I have the crank and its bezel (in a tanish-white ) if anyone needs one ...

Seeing the photos of that crushed VS29H3 brought tears to my eyes :wack:

As far as rarity ; not many made , regardless of engine option . I've wanted one for absolutely years now ( probably since '74 , really ! ) .

I have the crank and its bezel (in a tanish-white ) if anyone needs one ...

Do you have the car it came from?

While the sunroof cars are cool, they are not THAT rare. I have owned 2 and seen at least 25 in my life.

Ok a buddie just bought a 73 Duster and told me it was really rare???? Because it has a crank sun-roof on it,He said they only produced 43 of these cars in 73 --Is that true?????? How do you find out how many left the plant that way?????? Steve

one of 43? there is no actual exact breakdown of how many left the factory. some were ordered , some were not. the plants did not keep tabs and mark them off on a sheet as they left. for him to give you an exact number like 43, sounds like he is a richard petty fan :sign6:. as Frankenduster said, they are not THAT rare. i would bet there were a lot more than that.

ok--Thanks Guy's --The other thing is it does not have torque box's in it,Didn't all 340 h code cars have torque box's in them or did they stop that after a certain year????

-
Back