73 duster shell what's it worth ..

-
20140519_203048 (1).jpg

Just for reference this is the car that I was thinking about that I bought 10 years ago out of a garage with no interior and put those rims on it because it was cheap at the time and they're long gone... It's been in my heated garage ever since and again not one dime of rust or a dent. The doors fenders hood and trunk have all been sanded to bare metal and clear coated... A few spots where some surface rust has started under the clear coat but nothing a couple swipes of 500 grit wouldn't make disappear. Still has its original granny green on the back quarters... Zero Bondo...

View attachment 1716007707
Just for reference this is the car that I was thinking about that I bought 10 years ago out of a garage with no interior and put those rims on it because it was cheap at the time and they're long gone... It's been in my heated garage ever since and again not one dime of rust or a dent. The doors fenders hood and trunk have all been sanded to bare metal and clear coated... A few spots where some surface rust has started under the clear coat but nothing a couple swipes of 500 grit wouldn't make disappear. Still has its original granny green on the back quarters... Zero Bondo...
My opinion would be to leave the car complete but put a 300 dollar 318/727 along with a 7.25. Now you have a rust free, newer interior, running and driving '73 Duster and THAT would get you some money.

"Semi" off topic, but related ..... I'm guessing you found a car you like better for your drive train/interior. Must be an A-body I figure for the parts you saved..... Do we get to hear what's on your mind ????

"Semi" off topic, but related ..... I'm guessing you found a car you like better for your drive train/interior. Must be an A-body I figure for the parts you saved..... Do we get to hear what's on your mind ????
Some rusted out ugly four door I can leave out side nobody would take a second look at...
Sleeper..,

Some rusted out ugly four door I can leave out side nobody would take a second look at...
Sleeper..,
I like it.... "passengers in the rear, please fasten your seatbelts. We are preparing for take-off"
:thumbsup:

Sleeper..,
That don't make sense, you don't street or grudge race.
Besides no one will bite with two fours sticking out the hood. lol

That don't make sense, you don't street or grudge race.
Besides no one will bite with two fours sticking out the hood. lol
I think that's his way of say'n .... "I'll let you know when I'm ready" ... but I do like the idea

Well if it's a B-body. say 69 Charger, he has the wrong drivetrain.
That's why I said above it must be a A-body with the parts he's saved. I do remember him saying something about his wife liking the early barracuda

That's why I said above it must be a A-body with the parts he's saved. I do remember him saying something about his wife liking the early barracuda
She had a 66 barracuda she misses. bought herself a 53-54 five window stepside Chevy truck to restore...

awesome! A page out of my book. In some ways we are more alike than either one of us care to admit.
I very much regret letting my YZ250 go a few years ago.... I have no space to move left in my garage and only drove the duster a few times this year with the addition of the new power wagon...
It's not a money problem More a space problem...

I very much regret letting my YZ250 go a few years ago.... I have no space to move left in my garage and only drove the duster a few times this year with the addition of the new power wagon...
It's not a money problem More a space problem...
Careful this doesn't become another regret...... I'm sure you've considered car ports, cheap close-by storage shed, or any other means to keep it. If I had to guess, I'd guess you have 2000 hrs of your life into that car with all the changes and then again more changes you have done to it. Think twice, cuz' when they gone, they gone !!!

71 from Oklahoma with a 440/727 $800, and delivered for free on a trade deal only down fall was cut for fenderwell headers 99% rust free had white buckets, rear door panels and 8.75.

20220326_182912.jpg

-
Back