73 Duster wiring &#% show

-

Rat Bastid

Dunamis Metron
Reaction score
73 Duster, factory column shift automatic with factory cruise control. Went to a floor shifter and changed the column over to standard. Now there are issues.

When the battery is hooked up, the rear blinkers blink. But not the front.

When you step on the brake, they work like normal.

When you turn the turn signal on, they work like normal.

When you pull the hazard button, the hazard lights work like normal.

Any clues??? From the FSM wiring diagram, it appears to me this is a turn signal switch malfunction but I’ve never seen any thing like this before.

What do you think??

Yeah I know what's wrong with it. You messed somethin up.

Just to clarify, the front blinkers blink only when the hazard switch is activated but not when the turn signal switch is activated? All else works as it should?

I agree that it’s a turn signal switch malfunction. Since the hazards work the circuit should be complete.

Is this the same cruise control column converted to floor shift or did you use a different column?

Just to clarify, the front blinkers blink only when the hazard switch is activated but not when the turn signal switch is activated? All else works as it should?

I agree that it’s a turn signal switch malfunction. Since the hazards work the circuit should be complete.

Is this the same cruise control column converted to floor shift or did you use a different column?

The front blinkers when the hazard switch is pulled, and they work correctly when the turn signal switch is used.

It’s a new column, not the old column rebuilt.

I would go back to basics.

My bet is...

1. The turn signal switch in the replacement column is defective.

2. The wiring is not connected correctly

To add to the above did you replace the switch? It is known that some switches are improperly color coded. Regardless, this sounds like a TS switch or wiring connection problem.

Might be easier if you realize "what you have"

Here are the inputs and outputs of the TS switch

IN:
1.. full time hazard flasher power
2....full time switched brake lights
3....Power only in "run" position of key, is turn signal flasher power

OUT
1...left rear stop and turn
2...right rear stop and turn
3...left front turn and branch off to turn indicator lamp
4...right front turn and branch off to turn indicator lamp

To add to the above did you replace the switch? It is known that some switches are improperly color coded. Regardless, this sounds like a TS switch or wiring connection problem.

Might be easier if you realize "what you have"

Here are the inputs and outputs of the TS switch

IN:
1.. full time hazard flasher power
2....full time switched brake lights
3....Power only in "run" position of key, is turn signal flasher power

OUT
1...left rear stop and turn
2...right rear stop and turn
3...left front turn and branch off to turn indicator lamp
4...right front turn and branch off to turn indicator lamp

The switch came with the column and the column was purchased as a rebuilt unit. Until I take it apart I’m not sure what I have but the column looks very nice.

-
Back